Face book...?

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Face book...?

Post by JETTYWOLF »

It's like a "cult", but for business purposes and networking I have a business page.

https://www.facebook.com/CaptDavesSportFishing

If ya wanna "be my friend" or "like" my page. Stop on by if yer into all this stuff. Personally, I post reports and reccomendations, and sometimes chit-chat with my regular clients on it. But I certainly don't have a smartphone in a quick draw holster and evertime I have a thought Tweet or post on Facebook. Yeah, I have a twitter thing too. And post my videos and fish pixs on Twitter to the "followers".

But I'm there, so if you're there. Stop on by and then when you eat a good seafood burger at the local shack.....Yes, I'll know all about it if you take pictures and comment about it on your Facebook page. I've read stuff like that!

You won't believe what happens on my boat, too much. Smart phones and Facebook BS is going on more than fishing sometimes. And I'm not talking just teenagers either. But ADULTS!

It's a slice of life I get to see alot of. "smart phone heads" or as I call'em "pocket computer addicts".

Opppppps, am I talkin about you? Sorry.

"ya know how to catch more fish? GO FISHIN more often :!: "

"can we be Friends?" :joecool:
JETTYWOLF

Re: Face book...?

Post by JETTYWOLF »

guess not. :popcorn:
gandrfab

Post by gandrfab »

I think I was one of the 1st 10 people that liked that page :thumbsup:
Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

Spacebook, Myface, or whatever it's called - is for the people that don't know how to write a letter, pick up a phone and talk, or God forbid- talk to someone face to face. Pure BS and will be the fall.... Ok - you now know I am not a fan of this instant communication stuff. Question - Seriously -after you Tweet have you Twated?

Put the pocket computer down.

BTW - This is all Al Gore's fault.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Daddy'O wrote:Seriously -after you Tweet have you Twated?

Those who tweet are twats.
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
gandrfab

Post by gandrfab »

Daddy'O wrote:Spacebook, Myface, or whatever it's called - is for the people that don't know how to write a letter, pick up a phone and talk, or God forbid- talk to someone face to face. Pure BS and will be the fall.... Ok - you now know I am not a fan of this instant communication stuff. Question - Seriously -after you Tweet have you Twated?

I have gotten some work from messing around on facebook, and other forums.

This place is not that far from facebook, I would have never got in contact with any of you with out this form of social media.
write a letter I have never been good at that, and it ain't changing.
pick up a phone and talk I'm self employed not doing that is not a choice.
talk to someone face to face see above post.

And I do use facebook
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Who woulda thunk there would be so many Luddites on this forum.....you guys do realize the hypocrisy I hope...
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Just messing wit the Wolf guys. :mrgreen:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Luddites a new word for me :thumbsup: I understand the context you are using it for.........Now for the rest of the story.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-a ... ainst.html

Seems they were not really against technology just fighting for what they believed in.

Fast forward to modern day. With much thought and tribulation I step into this quagmire of individual choice and freedom of thought. To Facebook or any Social Media is your individual choice, no angst should aimed toward any AAB member. One members personal choice and belief is not an attack on your personal beliefs. We have become too polarized in our beliefs. As Individuals and as a Nation. This goes far beyond to Facebook or not Facebook.

My wife loves Facebook but I do not.

My reason has much to do with safety from individuals who prey on our kids and grand kids. How do you feel about individuals who send pictures of an erection covered by a towel or boxer shorts using social media to Your Kid. Apparently one social media site sees no problem with it. As long as you are 13 years old the parent has no voice in removing their page.

You read between the lines :banghead:

Social media has much to offer to the enhancement of the human experience. With all technologies it must be used in moderation and much more thought.

Rant off :soap:
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

Calm down everyone - I knew this would get to a few. I'm just trying to bust Dave's marbles. All is good.

Luddites - Now that is funny. Really?

However, if you really want my opinion on the social media stuff - I'm a phone call or a stamp away. :rotfl:

With good there is bad - think about it.

Cheers!

Wayne :beer:

Twated from my old fashioned laptop.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Daddy'O wrote: Twated from my old fashioned laptop.
Hardwired or wireless? :popcorn:
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Like all other things, self discipline and a little common sense will render this whiz-bang electro social media stuff to do your every bidding like the good tool that it is.

I am late to the party as I only joined facebook because the Fishing Tour I participate in uses it. In the few Months since, I've learned to use it as much as I care to and mostly for interaction with other fans and friends. Like all other things on the www and on the Sea, you are the Captain of the vessel and by your direction and orders does it do your bidding.

I'm a Grandfather with a very bright and precocious 4 year old grandson who is mastering everything put in front of him, including the Iphone. Yes, he is monitored closely but as a teaching tool, the thing is slap invaluable. Just turned four last Saturday and his reading skills are already at Elementary levels and his ability to learn new words is rocketing with the use of the voice function. If we had these back when I was in school, the students would be orders of magnitude ahead of todays.

Man makes lots of things that we may be slow to employ in our daily lives, mostly because we didn't need them before. And I am like most all here as I do not rush out to buy the latest and greatest anything. I shop because I need something. Didn't need social media until it became a means of sharing and communicating just as I didn't need a smartphone/Iphone until the one I had finally became technologically obsolete. But now that i do have them, learning to make them serve my purposes is kinda neat as well as being able to cut up with folks I just don't get to visit with enough.
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

I'm a little ahead of the game I use a NOTEBOOK...and my cell is only a PHONE!!! Yes I am on FB and LinkedIN, but keep it simple and only what needs to be out on the web. As for a business tool I have buds who use it to good advantage..I suspect that if I got a different job someday I'd have to go to a HI TECH PHONE...as from what i see much useful things can happen with it...AIS, weather alerts, charts, voyage planning, calling folks, texting, emails all in the pocket...oh joy!

I have a good laugh at all the antics that goes on here...love the twats and it is all AG's fault...hehe!

Good luck to you JW with the new adventure...next time I go to FB I'll have a look for you...what will be the easiest way to find you...notice I avoided looking in the "freinds you may know"!!! :hammer: :highfive: Note the meaningful use of the avatars! :rotfl:
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

spoiled one wrote:
Daddy'O wrote: Twated from my old fashioned laptop.
Hardwired or wireless? :popcorn:
It goes both ways. I call it Haireless - :mrgreen:

JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

C'mon you GOOGANS........ :sarge:

Yeah, I hate pocket computers, too. Especially when taking kids fishing. They play with those and put the rods in the holders and expect fish to commit suicide.

I just threw it out there, as I do it, just because It's about Bidness, thats all.

My phone once made some kind of weird ring, as I was walking out of the doctors office after an appointment.
Some kind of BS was rolling accross the tiny screen, and I couldn't even read it.
Come to find out it was WELDER Texting me :!: :!:
I don't do texts, didn't know what it was.

Almost threw the cell phone in the garbage can and ran away. Thinking the devil had polterguisted my poor little beat-up cell phone :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Then, on time I believe I recieved a CRANK call from Peter from Brisbane. He sounded like or tried to sound like a Cop. I was standing on my boat and my charter customers were walking down to the boat. He said something about (I think) coming out of my hands with my hands up, my house was surrounded.

Now that was FUNNY :!:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic