Texas hospitality

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
CarolMizer

Texas hospitality

Post by CarolMizer »

There's a few places on this planet I have been to. Actually, quite a few, having a dad that worked for an airline. From the land down under to tropical paradise, lands that I needed an interpreter in Europe to wide open beautiful places that need just an open mind and a love for nature like Alaska. All were great. All have memories that are forever ingrained in my mind like a photo album. All were shared with people I love and people I would go to the ends of the earth for.
But,
There is a place I know of, have been to that has captured my heart and soul. A place that has heart and soul, peace and quiet, character and charm, and best of all, Les and Claudia. It's a place like nowhere else on earth because its there that my soul revived, my mind cleared and my energy was restored. Texas.
I would have to say I was skeptical about trying to UNwind where there was not a Starbucks in site. Sushi is thought to be a sneeze and saying it gets you a cordial, Bleyess Yooo. I was lured there with my Mojo half with promises that I could rest, (Ya RIGHT, what's that), do nothing, (Puleeeze, I'm a trauma nurse and rarely stop to eat or pee, everybody knows that) and forget the crud clogging my overstuffed mind.
So, short summary:
Sleep - DID that, and for MORE than a couple of hours at a time. C'mon, I work night shift and I slept!!
Do nothing - I did that. Sat on the porch and watched the clouds go by, the cows scream at Les and Mojo to give them treats and gather an egg from the chicken coup when the time was right. Having snuck our pup along with us, even she was impressed with the whole plan and execution of this trip. A perfect little traveler. (Wish the screaming kids had the manners of Pogo on the plane).
Enjoy the sights - Did THAT too. A tour of Lake Texoma, on Welders ride! Fun, fun, fun. A shopping day with Claudia... Absolute 10 on the fun scale.
Returning home was very sad. Leaving Texas behind with a couple of the best people I know.

Thank you Les and Claudia I can't really thank you enough.
Love ya, Carol, Mojo and Pogo

:highfive: :thumbsup: :highfive: :thumbsup: :highfive: :thumbsup: :highfive:
Carol-------> I'm with Mojo
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15

Re: Texas hospitality

Post by Sabs28 »

Great report Carol :thumbsup: Was there any "picture taking" on any of the adventures (like Welders Ride)??????? :popcorn:
Last edited by Sabs28 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarolMizer

Post by CarolMizer »

I DO have pictures. Will post them when I get time. As soon as I got home, no time to really unpack, blasted through 4 straight nights at work(ever see an ER on a Labor Day weekend?). Mojo also has some great adventures with photos and videos to match.
:beer: <---- hoping for a day off to relax the way Texas showed me....
Carol-------> I'm with Mojo
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Carol and Mark, yall are welcome back ANYTIME and don't forget Pogo.
It was a pleasure having you in our house and spending time together. We hope to see you back here soon.

Hey, that 55 acres is for sale right across the road! :thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic