TALK TO YOU BOYS NEXT WEEEK!

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

TALK TO YOU BOYS NEXT WEEEK!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Well I got to get up at 3AM and get to the airport for a 6AM flight (or should I say three flights) to Montana for my Spot & Stalk Traditional Bow BEAR hunt. I'll be hunting Thurs, Fri, Sat-Sunday returning Monday.

Keep the posts coming and I'll let you know how I did when I return. I am having my buddy video tape the hunt and hope he can get the stalks on tape. Then Saturday when I return XIAO MU JI goes in the water and its game on for the fish!

See ya boys!

Marty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Safe Trip and GOOD LUCK Marty.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Thanks les, I am sitting in the airport right now off to montana. Yey! Had to repack and now I was over by 5-pounds that will be $50.00 please!. Doo-doo! And a second back that's $50.00 also sir! Double Doo-doo! What ever happened to twa? See ya. Mty
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

good luck marty, travel safe!!
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

Good luck Marty! I look forward to seeing the pictures/video. I assume you wil be in the NW part of the state?

Pete
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Well its noon in colorado and I'll be boarding my third and final flight in an hour. Go'in to hunt this afternoon for a short while, all I have to do is sharpen my broadheads, string the bow and down my face paint and hunting cloths. Give you guys an update when I get out of the mountains in a few days. Mty
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Marty, are we cleaning Bear blood off of our knifes ?

How did the trip go ? Trophy on the wall ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Just landed at jfk I will tell ya all about the trip in the morning and blood on the sole arrow loosed to a kill. Mty
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

GOOD HUNT**BUT NO BEAR!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Well Boys,

I am back, this western side of Montana in the 7-10K high mountains combined with grazing land is just awesome. I get there to learn that this winter had more snow, the north facing slopes still had over of 4ft of snow on them with most south slopes almost clear. THe bears were just not out.

We worked multiple, multiple moutain valleys over a 35-mile x 35-mile square area just 80-miles north east of Missoula. We saw 2-coyotes, wolf tracks, 450+ elk, 500+ mule deer and hundreds of Whitetails, Bald Eagles, Hawks, lots of beavers, ground squirrels and wood chucks and just two bears.

Heath, my friend who has been hunting for 30+ years could beleive that we didn't find over 20-bears for the amount of territory we covered in the four and one half days of hunting.

I video taped the great hunt but came to only see some hair of on bear in the woods as it left its feeding on a dead winter killed elk cow and then a few minutes from about 600yards a big 6' charcolate brown black bear which was a tall mature beauty. Unfortunately, by the time we climbed down and worked our way down through 3-feet of snow then climbed up 4-5,000 feet on the south slope to where we hoped the bear would be stalked upon.

I post a short video in a couple of days or by next week Cody down loaded it tonight and will work on it shortly.

Disappointed that we just didn't see any bears to stalk, but beautiful amazing hinting country and great to be away from the office. Yesterday and today were a killer! Wise I was back there... Marty

Upon getting to the area, either I spooked it or he had just moved and I didn't find him.

I did how ever add a beautiful skunk, to get mounted. I am going to get a full body mount of the skunk lifting up a rotting log looking for grubs for they trophy room/office.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Marty, always love trudging up and down the mountain in "Gods Country" seeing what you do. Hearing about my Mulies and Elk woooooooo palms start sweating... heart starts thumping.

Well you did not get skunked...... errr got a skunk.

Happy to see you made it down the mountain safely. Thankyou for the kind words to Maggie.
Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
fishontop

Post by fishontop »

Marty, I know that it would have been great to get a bear, but if I judge you correctly, I am sure the trip was awsome judging by your description. Just being out there and seeing all of that makes me want to go. Thanks for the reports.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic