Lucky Louie

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
welder
Site Admin

Lucky Louie

Post by welder »

Hey guys, Lucky Louie aka Don, is in the Hospital recovering after his Surgery. The Surgery went good but some minor complications came about after the surgery [ Non Life Threatening] but still a real bugger to deal with.
Don is going to be in the hospital a few more days for testing and evaluation. He is NOT a wussy when it come to pain and normally does not take pain meds, not this time around.
Hopefully he can get home soon and start the road to recovery, 6 to 8 weeks.

I'm posting this as a prayer request for Don that he pulls through with no complications and full recovery.

From our Family to yours Don, get well soon and thank the Lord you have Cathy.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: Lucky Louie

Post by Chaps »

Ouch, I hate when that happens! Hang in there Lucky
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Godspeed to a full recovery Louis! :thumbsup:
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

Prayers sent. Hope you have a speedy recovery Don.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

what's the mystery surgery?
One day walking the boat show, and next in for :?:
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

JETTYWOLF wrote:what's the mystery surgery?
One day walking the boat show, and next in for :?:
Prostrate cancer. Biopsy results showed 65% of prostrate was cancerous. Half of that the "Baddest of the bad". (Dr. Had a fancy name for it on some kind of scale but I can't remember it)

Like Les said there were complications with the surgery. What the doctor told us would only take a hour and a half to two hours took three and a half hours. Expected hospital stay was one night. Wound up being five nights.

Got some of the drain tubes/ports removed yesterday. Still have one in me. MAY be able to get that one out next Friday if I'm lucky.....

Getting better, just way too slow for my liking. Pain level is down to aggravating now.

Get the last tube out and hopefully in a few weeks be able to climb in my lil swamp cruiser and putter around in the swamp for a day of "Water therapy".....

Thank yall for the prayers!
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

10-4.....as I told Big W my uncle went thru it, and then even a second time!
He was hating it.
My dad did the radiation 15 years ago instead of surgery. And went to work every day.
I'm on the alert list myself.
So far, nothing.

If so. I'm done!
No daily fishing, No $$, and no house, groceries, no bills paid :!:

The cost of being a infamous USA small business man. The backbone of the country :rotfl: :roflmao: :?:

You'll be good as soon as you can "water therapy". It heals everyone.
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

Well here is a bit of an update. Turns out a couple stitches internally popped between the operating room and the regular room. That caused all kinds of other tings to happen. Has delayed the recovery greatly. (Not to mention more pain than I have EVER had in my LIFE) Welder can tell you about my reluctance to take pain meds when my back (Three ruptured discs) will go to hurting on a fishing trip or the like. Well I have been taking them as prescribed.

After having the catheter in for a month before it was removed, now I'm fighting an infection. (Always something else seems like)

Some may revel in losing weight. But my going from 207 March 19th to being 177 last Monday is a bit much. Needless to say my endurance, strength is low.

To say it has been HELL in an understatement. It has kicked my teeth in, beat me down, :nutkick: :nutkick: whatever term you can list. BUT! Things are a WORLD better now than they have been during this ordeal! And I'm gonna WIN THIS DAMM BATTLE! :hammer:

Tickets to Alaska in July for the 2014 AAB trip for Cathy (My wife) and I were bought before this all started and by golly We are gonna dang well use them! :titanic: I may not be up to full speed by then, but it's gonna happen!
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

We'll get you on the boat one way or another, Don. Might have to use the crane, but we'll get it done! :thumbsup:
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

spoiled one wrote:We'll get you on the boat one way or another, Don. Might have to use the crane, but we'll get it done! :thumbsup:

:beer:

We are soOOOOO looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

I may not be able to reel in the first fish, but just being there to enjoy the fellowship and view the beauty mother nature has blessed us with is the most important to me.

Heck there have been several times Welder and I have gone on "Runs" in my back yard so to speak where we haven't wet a line. But we have had a fun/enjoyable trip. I just LOVE getting out on the water and enjoying what has been put on this earth. Some of the most memorable have been our "Night runs" in the swamp. Something I used to do regularly, but had not done in years until Welder was down and I wanted him to see it for himself. To see his reactions to all the animal life that comes out at night (Other than the mosquitoes :roflmao: ) made me look forward to SOME day (Or night) getting MoJo down here and show him.......

Our first "Night run" was one I worked to set Welder up for seeing the vast difference in day verses night in the swamp. We had run through all the areas that afternoon that he was going to see that night. We stopped at where two rivers (Blind River and Petite Amite) came together just before dark. Used the excuse that it was time for a "Sammich and some chips". We ate and I stalled until it got dark enough for some stuff to start moving. Told him to grab a spotlight and lets see whats around, any red eyes on the water would be alligators. :clint: He turned the light on and started a sweep. Of course he spotted some red eyes immediately. Lets see if I can get the quote right, but it was like this best I remember.... "THERE'S ONE! There's another.........." He paused and continued to illuminate LOTS red eyes all around us. Then he stopped/paused and said. "Hmmmm, Those prehistoric son of a bisquiteaters are EVERYWHERE!" They had been there the whole time, but until it got dark and their eyes gave them away you did not see them. Later that night (more like morning by then) I was able to get him close enough to have reached over the side of the boat and TOUCHED one. We saw all kinds of other critters that night too. Spent over 12 hours puttering around in my big bad "Cajun Redneck" boat (15 ft LA Traveller with a 50 Merc I've had since the 80's) that day/night/morning. (Pic of it in my gallery)

That my friend is the type of trip/ride that soothes my soul.... :joecool: Just puttering around enjoying the beauty. (And sometimes I fish too! :rotfl: )

Ooops, gallery isn't working. So here is a pic of the big bad machine....
Attachments
cajunredneck2.jpg
cajunredneck2.jpg (139 KiB) Viewed 14578 times
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. Best of luck to you Louie!I've got a feeling you will be reeling your butt off in upper US :beer: :thumbsup: Clambo
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Post by goatram »

Damn Don Sorry to hear your tale of Mis Adventures in the Hospital. Sounds like mine. Jetty thought it was you. Friday night at the Boat Show and Saturday night spent in the ER and then the Operating room that I got to see three days later again. Pain Is not good and I have no qualms about taking Meds for it. I will say that the Hip Dislocation on the PAIN Scale of 1- 10 was a 15. In the ER I had all kinds of them in me already to calm me down. They even had me knocked out in the ER room when they first tried to reset the hip. (My Wife was in the room at the time) They held me down and the ER Doc Grabbed the Leg and pulled; I came alive Screaming. Scarred the stuff out of my wife and everyone else in the ER. (I don't Remember it) They pumped me with some more and tried again and Failed.
Had to go to the OR next for 5 more tries till they got me back together right.

It feels good to be out Fishing and working on the boat. Season is upon us now so Fish on and enjoy :thumbsup:
Last edited by goatram on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

DANG! Sounds like we both have been going through heck. Hope you recover soon! I'm getting there. Just a small steps forward and occasionally a setback. Just gotta keep on keeping on.

Doc expects me to be able to actually go back to work the first of June. Most will say that work isn't something they look forward to, but if I'm back at work it means I'm healed enough to get active. Well that and the fact I will be going back in a new position. (From senior/top control room operator to Shift Supervisor) Yep, a job (Promotion) I had interviewed for just before getting the surgery worked out. I got the position. Soooooooo as soon as I get back there is going to be a almost 20% increase in my base pay. (Salaried instead of hourly too) Of course being only five of us in that group it will be MUCH easier to get vacation or time off when I want/need it. (More flexible schedule) More responsibility, management instead of classified (Union hand) oh and it will boost my retirement too. :mrgreen:
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

Here is a update.

FINALLY finished the antibiotics last Sunday morning. (A staff infection) They had my stomach so tore up I couldn't eat hardly anything without feeling nauseous. Monday afternoon I got froggie and ate a pile of chicken and dumplins. They stayed down and were some kind of GOOD! Been going a LITTLE crazy eating the stuff I love since that I haven't been able to eat. :mrgreen: By finally getting to eat "The good stuff" I actually can feel my strength coming back a bit.

Feeling a bit better, I got froggie and pressure washed the deck of my gooseneck equipment trailer yesterday. (So I can put a nice coat of water seal on the boards to make the decking last longer) Wasn't really anything labor intensive, but wore me out. Of course now my back is hurting. :doh: BUT, at least I'm able to do SOMETHING....... :thumbsup: Hopefully be able to apply the water seal tomorrow. (Saturday)

Eight more weeks until we flap our wings and fly way up northwest. Boy howdy am I looking forward to that! Still gonna be dealing with some of the negative effects from the surgery. But dagg-nabbit I'm determined to hang out with the gang and have FUN despite the aggravating side effects! :thumbsup:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic