Mobile to Destin flooded out

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
dawgaholic

Mobile to Destin flooded out

Post by dawgaholic »

And as usual, our condo is half filled along with thousands of others. The water rose 4' or about what is seen in a Cat 2 storm during the overnight, releasing hundreds of boats from moorings and boat lifts. The Mobile CG was asking for good Samaritans to grab the line of any they passed as the Bay, Intercoastal, and Gulf had them floating everywhere.

Been a while since I heard of 18-24" rainfalls within 24 hours and it will be a very tough blow for an area that is but 4 Weeks from Peak Season.
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: Mobile to Destin flooded out

Post by Chaps »

That has got to be very discouraging for all involved dawg, mother nature can deal some lousy hands
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Lucky Louie
Contributor

Re: Mobile to Destin flooded out

Post by Lucky Louie »

Mother nature can throw some tough stuff at us at times. I live near two rivers that when we get those heavy sustained rains here and in the Mississippi part of their watershed. Neither my place or my parents place has ever flooded. But have spent many a hour helping relatives, friends and sometimes total strangers during and after they flood. (Housed some during repairs etc) So I know first hand the trials and tribulations associated with the floods. My heart goes out to those involved.

Our family "Camp" in Pass Christian got three foot of water, on the second floor during Katrina. (Only house/structure left standing on the street it is on) Lots of work to strip it back to a shell to "Dry it out". We didn't refinish it, but sold it as a shell to a friends parents whose entire home a few blocks away was wiped out. Even though it wasn't ours anymore, I spent a lot of time helping them refinish it.

I talked to Welders cousin on Bayou Chico in Pensacola day before yesterday. Thank goodness they came out "High and dry" and are fine. But there are several they know in the area that did not make out so good. Bobbie said there were several roads damaged over there as well. (Washed out)

Take care and hopefully yall will recover quickly! :thumbsup:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic