Youth Deer Hunt Sat 10/3

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Youth Deer Hunt Sat 10/3

Post by AlloyToy »

Sat was a mess. Northeast winds blowing hard, cold drizzle just one of those miserable hunting days. As we walk the field to our stand we jump a fairly large deer from it's bed. We cross the brook and head for our stand. Nothing looks familiar. It's dark and there are leaves on the trees. We have found and hunted this stand many times over the years but for some reason we just felt lost. Never put tacks up because we never had to. Finally we find it and soon we are harnessed in. 6:10 am I hear something walking thru the swamp below. 6:40 I hear it again and it's getting closer. My son is light out asleep so I nudge him. "Get ready something is moving in on us". Out of the corner of my eye I see a quick flash of brown, and then she appears. She is walking a run along a swamp we hunt all alone. She steps out from behind a pine, and my son draws on her. She continues walking but he does not feel comfortable with the shot. She steps out behind the second pine, I hear the safety "click" and POW! Misses!! She turns and runs straight at us. He ejects, loads and POW! 22 yard shot puts her to sleep. A great end to what started out as a messed up day. She weighed 130 pounds. Proud of him for toughing it out and accomplishing his first deer harvest.
Attachments
jacob deer1.JPG
welder
Site Admin

Re: Youth Deer Hunt Sat 10/3

Post by welder »

good eats to come,
GREAT Father Son time, well done Sir. :thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
clambo
Donator '22

Post by clambo »

Ok I've got my bib on! When do we eat?
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

clambo wrote:Ok I've got my bib on! When do we eat?
Surf-n-turf coming right up Mike :thumbsup: I'll cook you bring the beer :beer:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic