Pheasant

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Pheasant

Post by AlloyToy »

Went out Sat AM with my son and our pup. Was a bit hesitant on how she would react in the field pheasant hunting. In the water retrieving ducks is one thing but in a field with 10 other dogs and a bunch of hunters made me a bit anxious. We have not put an e-collar on her yet. All the commands have been verbal and whistle commands.

7:06 AM legal shooting time we head in and start working a lower field, brush, swamp area. My son is the shooter and I'm the dog sitter. She gets on a scent trail and we let her work watching closely as she becomes birdy and flushes a pair of hens. Pup sits on the flush, watches, sons shoots and she retrieves to hand bringing us back a nice hen. Short time later she flushes a rooster, shot and it's a repeat scenario. After our two bird limit we let her work the field a bit as we headed out. She flushed another pair of birds, and is a changed puppy now. Love the time with her in the field, and love seeing all of our training pay off.
Attachments
luna 10.JPG
clambo
Donator '22

Re: Pheasant

Post by clambo »

Priceless times and memories forever :beer:
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Re: Pheasant

Post by AlloyToy »

Quick hunt this morning with my son before school.....having a blast with the pup :thumbsup:
Attachments
luna 11.JPG
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic