Working my way back!

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
pjay9

Working my way back!

Post by pjay9 »

Some may have noticed that I have not contributed for a good while..but it didn't mean I wasn't looking in occasionally. Here's what happened: In 2015 I had my truck camper rebuilt after a long process of determination as to "if this is a good idea"! It penciled out in more than one way. Cost was cheaper than buying new or used, the new layouts did not fit our needs, we knew this one worked for us...so it was rebuild time. I set the time frame to start and the facility that was going to do the work had a fire a few days before my delivery. A MH wiring issue started the fire and the MH was inside. So it was delayed. Once it got started after they moved all the smoke/soot covered tools and materials it was a slow process due to the fact that they needed to find things in the pile to do the jobs...they only charged me for actual working time so in an 8 hour day they may have done 4 hours on the TC (truck camper). their stockpile of materials was ruin so orders had to be filled and they came in shorted and a bunch of other things, who knows!!! It finally got done then it became my turn to do all the rest. I did interior items, new galley countertop, sink, faucet, new LED lights, rebuild TV cabinet, install an inverter and battery monitor system, insulate many areas, trim out new hatches, make new drawer, new slide on pantry, window shades installed, rebuild old florescent tube fixtures using LED panels, install new seeking SAT dish on roof and on and on. Then there was a shake down trip in Oct and Nov. Come January 2016 I had foot surgery/reconstruction. I was on a knee cart for 119 days...then into PT which still is going on...then I worked a few days a month not on a boat but in a simulator...then the tie-down on the passenger side of the camper gave way...it was fine during the rebuild, but we figured out what happened so that took me days to repair, still a lack of stamina issue...so now that it is 7 months from surgery and things have settled down on the rebuild, then add a new roof for the house and other stuff I have had my plate full...it is amazing how time passes and things keep getting put on the "to-do" list and other things slip to the side. I have not even registered the boat for two years...she is neglected. This year was to be a grand adventure across country, it has been postponed due to my foot and the DW has had some knee issues and now a very painful toe not flexing...so getting old is not for sissies!!!

That is it in a quick and dirty of what has happened. I am glad to be back.

Here is a link to the rebuild if anyone is interested: REBUILD

Warm regards, PJ :skipper:
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: Working my way back!

Post by Chaps »

Nice to see you in here Capt. Come on by my new shop next time you are up my way.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Welcome back pjay, hope the next year is your year to have fun.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
pjay9

Post by pjay9 »

THX for your comments..it is appreciated. Yes I do too hope the coming months will be improvements I am long awaiting.
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic