Alloy Vice President

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
Jay Perrotta
Sponsor/Donator

Alloy Vice President

Post by Jay Perrotta »

Just saw a piece on NBC about Sarah Palin (McCain's choice for VP).

She was ramming around in an alloy skiff! Got my vote....

(PS - does it mean I'm gettin old when she's the first Pres/VP candidate that is younger than me?)
Jay Perrotta
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

A very interesting and, seems to be a, smart choice.
Last edited by S L Dave on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

She's the real deal as far as outdoor interests go, she hunts, fishes, etc. Saw a video of her visiting troops in Iraq where she's firing an M16 along with some of the guys. A looker too . . . I think Biden had better watch his step if he thinks he's going to take her apart.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

I can't help but get POLITICAL here!

What a team McCain and Palin make!!!

Just the two republicans to go after all the corruption, earmarkers, etc., etc., etc. politicians in Washington.

Palin is a tuff mother who beleives in the 2nd ammendments, hunts, eats caribou and moose as a staple, fishes in skirts made of alloy! A sportswomen, a conservative, and another MAVERICK that joined with McCain IMO will start to bring back America...

GOD DAMM I AM XCITED...!!!!!

We might just get the NMFS put in order and real conservation put into order including ICCAT.

DRILL HERE & DRILL NOW, WIND, SOLAR, NG, NUCULAR, do it ALL and do it now. You talk about bringing lots of jobs back to America...

SCREW THE LIBERALS! Start teaching our kids about respect and dedication to this great country!!!

Mother of 5 and a govener!

Now the women should look hard and long at a PRO LIFE, woman being Vice President and then may be able to run for President in the near future...

GOD
BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
Shark Bait
Donator 08, 11, 15, 17

Post by Shark Bait »

I need to chime in here. Sara is the real deal - I can't think of a better choice for the GOP VP slot. I am sure we will see pictures of her soon showing her commercial fishing in Bristol Bay, or skinning a caribou or moose, ridding her snow machine etc. She is honest and very tough - a great choice for McCain.

For those detractors in the Dem camp who say she has no experience - look at her record - she has waaaay more experience in Local, State and Federal government than Obama. Additionally, she does not just talk about doing things she actually get things done!

I worked for the State of Alaska for 16 years and served under a number of governors - in my opinion she is by far the best!

This will be an interesting election.

SB
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

At first my reaction was "What the Hey" Then researched her....... Then was thinking brilliant........ Shuts up the Biden's slogan "more of the same"

It will be very interesting to see how the "impartial media" reports on this.

That is all and the only the political statement I will make in this Site. Now lets go fishing.

Mark
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
S L Dave

Post by S L Dave »

Mojo,
Politics and religion are all OK to talk about on my boat!
See you Sunday morning Pal :)
Last edited by S L Dave on Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
dave
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post by dave »

In school they called her "Sara the Barracuda"
calstabi

Post by calstabi »

McCain narrowed his polling position 5 points in the last month largely on the basis of his attacks on Obama's lack of experience to act as President.

How can McCain turn around and pick the most inexperienced VP?
This is not straight talk.........
S L Dave

Post by S L Dave »

Come on Calstabi...you know Sarah Palin is hot!!!! :wink:
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

CHANGE!!!!!!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Palin has more experience than OBAMA!

She has actually dome more and made real changes for americans than OBAMA has and she has shown and made very important changes against what OBAMA stands for!

She'll eat obama up and spit him out. She's no pushover! She's the real deal......lwts get these two in to office and this couintry will once again be moving in the right direction. American pride, american loyality, and we will soon be the envy of the world again!

No the place that 0BAMA's wife has never been proud of! Screw off!

Watch the legidlation that starts coming out of wahsington holding these rediculous politicans feet the the fire. Stand up and do what's right for american instead of their special intrest!!!

Mty
Bullshipper

Post by Bullshipper »

What are you guys sniffing? This is a terrible choice.

Obama has served 12 years as a congressman or senator. I believe that this lady has been a mayor and govenor for a total of 6.

I will vote for McCain, but he is the oldest candidate for president and she is by far the most inexperienced. And I do not think of a beauty contestant as a match against a Harvard trained lawyer.

I like McCain as a moderate that could reach accross the isle to get both parties working to pass needed legislation, but I feel she will have a polarizing effect being so conservative.

Now their only saving grace is that Obama and Biden are too liberal.

And I don't look on a commercial fisherman as being a good choice to protect the rights of sporties.
bluffman2

Post by bluffman2 »

and got the looks to boot

Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

I'd like her politics under any circumstances. The fact that I can also identify with her northwest point of view and casual interests is also a plus. Easy on the eyes too . . .

1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
longranger

Post by longranger »

My god all the republican party needs to do is promise an alloy boat in every driveway and the democratic party will cease to exist. :lol: :lol: .

Seriously though she is easy on the eyes but I for one will take some time to size her up. First, her extremely conservative positions on hotbutton moral issues makes her somewhat risky. Conservatives will love her, all evangelicals will applaud but it may be a death blow for the ticket because of the number of swing democrats and independent woman who will find her views on abortion etc. unacceptable as they are more clearly verbalized.

On the other hand she is the first main ticket candidate that I could share a fine wine with in the hot tub naked after a successfull hunting trip :wink:.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

amen on that!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Amen on that,

In fact, she might be your hunting partner. I watched her talk on her state stuff last night and was impressed just how confident and knowlegeable she seems to be on the stuff.

I agree with BULLSHIPPER, that being a commercial fisherman's wife may not be that great for sportys. But, in alaska, the commerical haul seining fishing and their love of natural resources tells me that the nmfs might just get revamped.

I could be dreaming.....or just hoping.......

But, compared to the dems....

I'll take the two maveril team anyday.

And those swing dems should like it too, your right on the real conservative side there may be some issues.

I too am semi conservative, but with the way the country has been going my son and daughter being 16, I am liking conser vatives witrh values over liberials and nuckleheads! Not perfect on eaither side which is why I sit in the middle as a worker + boss + father + husband.....fisherman, hunter, etc. Mty
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

One great political move, that was.

She better not be friends with commercial fishing lobbyists.
Shark Bait
Donator 08, 11, 15, 17

Post by Shark Bait »

IWTuna said "I agree with BULLSHIPPER, that being a commercial fisherman's wife may not be that great for sportys."

I don't think you should have any fears. Her and her husband Todd only do small scale commercial fishing in Bristol Bay like a large number of family's do here in Alaska. Todd's day job is a production supervisor for BP at one of the drill sites on the North Slope.

Another point to consider. About a year ago I talked to one of our State Economist and he indicated that as far as the importance of industries (jobs, State revenue, etc) to Alaska goes the pecking order is Oil, Tourism and then Commercial Fishing. The State and a lot of our communities depend on tourism to survive and a lot of the tourism is based on SPORT FISHING.

I have no more fear that Sara will sell out to the large scale commercial fishing interest or the NMFS for that matter than she would sell out to the big oil companies. Personal hunting and fishing are a way of life up here and she knows this. She also knows the family values that hunting and fishing teaches our young folks. So if anything she will support sustainable resource development and the continued access to these resources by "Regular Folks".
calstabi

Post by calstabi »

OK Dave.............your right...........Her on that Harley says it all.......

Ironwoodtuna, I would probably agree 90% of what your saying..........

The reality is this Lady has been playing with the minows..........
she has NOT been under national scrutiny...........she has no NAME recognition nationally...............

We shall see what Palin is really made of in the next few months.
Bullshipper

Post by Bullshipper »

Energy development for the contenental USA is going to either the next great technology leap that will power the US economy with new jobs, cheap clean power, and technology to export, or a return to the same ol same ol offshore drilling for more oil that will choke this planet before that supply ever runs out. Coal and gas reserves in the US contain more ash and surpher (read contaminants and increased refining costs) than the light crudes from the middle east.

The increase in energy prices has created a great opportunity for the USA to develop jobs and dollars by developing nuclear, wind, ocean current, solar, geothermal, hydrogen energy plants to lift up our economy, while leaving oil for plastics and other uses that do not pollute.

Continuing on the path of oil and gas consumption is only going to make the middle east, the russians, venezueleans, etc richer and more powerful enemies against us, so drill drill drill is the least attractive policy in my mind, even though it would be a great boost to the alaskan economy and the Palin constituites..

I for one am worried about Obama getting in and McCains age. And this possible substitute president also concerns me as she will be fodder for the same intellectuals that chewed up GW and made the USA look like it was governed by an idiot for the last 8 years.

In the meantime, if it comes to a tie breaker in the senate, her presiding vote could easily set us back 40 years.

In my eyes, both McCain and Obama are weak in domestic programs that will stimulate the private sector, and I don't think newcomer from Alaska solves this problem for the GOP or will do much to restore confidence in the leadership of america around the world.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

BULLSHIPPER,

I hope that the breath of the new wind will blow,blow, blow!

The need of getting this country into clean technology is very, very, important!

If you ever say the polution I have seen in china and that side of the world, its friggin super scarry!

American has cleaned up so much from the 70s but we need to go a lot further and hopefully McCain/Palin will keep the wind blowing in Washington and DO IT ALL!

China is so frigg'in poluted you thinks is going to rain any minute but its the super bad air pollution.

What we need is change not OBAMA change but real change that is influenced by us! Not the lobbiest.

Mccain is real and I think he will work towards the real resoluitions. Palin I think will swim just fine with the sharks. ....... You know barricudas got teeth too!!!!!! Mty
Last edited by Ironwoodtuna on Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
S L Dave

Post by S L Dave »

Another pic...
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

She's got my vote............much better looking than Obama & "Blow Hard Biden together :D

Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Now that's what I call a partner! Hunting and Fishing with that kinda eye candy is real fine!

Like I said before, she has more that either of the two liberal knuckelheads combined...! She's got the teeth to chew them up and....katuuweee!!!!!! spit them out!

She's tuff! This Country is going to get back on the RIGHT track with these two Maveriks...they are hot horses ready to RUN, not Jackasses like the two liberals the DEMS have. I'll take their tenasity and accountability over the useless OBAMA using RENCO to buy his property so he could get the hosue he wanted... Freinds with the American Terrorist ISLES,,,

Thanks but NO THANKS!!! with judgement like that, he will do favors for anyone that helped him get what he wants...I hope and PRAY the AMERICAN PEOPLE see this too in him and elect a strong forthright man and woman like McCain and PALIN!

She does have some looks ALLOYTOY!
Bullshipper

Post by Bullshipper »

Obamas popularity numbers just went over 50%, so we will have to do a lot of talking in a hurry to reverse this trend and convince mainstream america that Palin could make a good comander in chief.

Mac just gave away the election IMO. Bonehead move.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic