SE AK GIANT LingCod

Let's See Your Alloy Working
doughnut

SE AK GIANT LingCod

Post by doughnut »

Caught from the safety of my 18 foot Alloy Skiff! (that gets about 7 MPG BTW) Fishing out of Wooden Wheel Lodge, Port Protection, Prince of Wales Island.
Attachments
My little Alaska Battle wagon!
My little Alaska Battle wagon!
image004.jpg (20.36 KiB) Viewed 14292 times
That right at 60 inches!
That right at 60 inches!
image003.jpg (18.63 KiB) Viewed 14292 times
And this is a 54 incher
And this is a 54 incher
image002.jpg (27.89 KiB) Viewed 14293 times
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Re: SE AK GIANT LingCod

Post by mojomizer »

Wow double wow nice Ling Cod Doughnut. Were you able to catch and eat those Lingasuarsuses or strictly CPR?????

Nice looking skiff. Looks like your living the dream. So Cal with skiff in AK.

Thanks for sharing

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

WHERE'S WALDO?

I MEAN....

WHERE'S DENO?????

he should be freakin out.
Deno

Post by Deno »

I’m right here Douche pickle!!! :rotfl: WOW!! Hey that’s what my Klamath would look like in the water…. Nice fish guys congrats on your catch and nice looking rig… :thumbsup:
I've been told I need a life...I tell them hunting and fishing is my life...They tell me thats what they mean....
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Now that's a bucket mouth.

:shock:

Real Men don't need Pilot houses. :highfive:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...................... May not need but it sure does feel nice to be dry and comfy.

Deno (do not want to be the devil sitting on your shoulders) but you have already been bitten by the Pacific bug, No known cure. Why go through the interim of owning something else??????? Make Kenny an offer. It cannot hurt. Maybe strip it down.
Set it up yourself. Come to the Darkside.

Back to post...... Doughnut Bait or jig?????

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
Deno

Post by Deno »

Yeah I know, I've been bitten by the Pacific bug for over a year now …. Going to take the Wellcraft on a sea trial in the morning… I’m sure she’s going bye bye… Sad to see her go but got to do it if I want to fish more… I just hate to buy used and deal with all the shenanigans… I called Kenny today and left a message with his secretary…

I really do like the 23’ Bayrunner Pilot house though…. Where’s the picture of the water going over your pilot house? That’s the norm when I go deep down south….. Sorry about the tread jack gentlemen…. Deno out…

mojomizer wrote:Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...................... May not need but it sure does feel nice to be dry and comfy.

Deno (do not want to be the devil sitting on your shoulders) but you have already been bitten by the Pacific bug, No known cure. Why go through the interim of owning something else??????? Make Kenny an offer. It cannot hurt. Maybe strip it down.
Set it up yourself. Come to the Darkside.

Back to post...... Doughnut Bait or jig?????

Mark
2325 Wa Pacificskiff
I've been told I need a life...I tell them hunting and fishing is my life...They tell me thats what they mean....
21ftcc
Donator '09

Post by 21ftcc »

Jetty's Waldo reminded me of a movie

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1805505
doughnut

Post by doughnut »

Thanks guys!

The slot in that area this year was 30"-35" or over 55 (that's BIG) A good problem to have was that it was difficult to find fish SMALL enough. We released all the Big Girls. I had marked a couple of shallower reefs that I wanted to work, one of them yielded 15 Lings of this caliber on 3 drifts, Unreal fishing. The hot Ticket was a 6 or 8 OZ Jig Head with a 7.5" KK Fatbody Swimbait in Haloween or a Green with chartreuse belly. Completely outperformed the curly tails etc. Also, I used a product called Uni Butter, it's a fish attractant made from sea urchin. I have used pro cure scents etc. This stuff WORKS. The fish would just EAT the jigs. Caught limits of everything every day. Tough work!

On the valco thing, Ive owned a 21, and 23 cuddy. I will say that they are a hell of a value, but they are not a Pacific. My 23 had a Honda 130, it got 4-5 mpg, huge boat, rode OK etc. The trick setup would have been a suzuki 140, that honda was HEAVY. I wanted to convert the cuddy to a forward leaning PH, but, you know how that goes. The 21 is the nicest little boat for the money its wide etc. Issues: NOT self Bailing, did I mention NOT self bailing!
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Mojo, sorry buddy, :rotfl: I had to do it .

There are days I wish I had a Pilot House or at least a ST .

Deno, good luck on the sale , your getting close to buying your last boat. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How much does a 55" ling weigh ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic