Another reason to own aluminum and not glass

Let's See Your Alloy Working
Chaps
Donator '09

Another reason to own aluminum and not glass

Post by Chaps »

I use my 21 Edwing mainly for helping out our local harbormaster 'cause she's desk bound alot and they haven't bought her a decent boat for the kind of tasks that come up.

Early yesterday morning a big Bayliner erupted into flames in our main harbor. Luckily a tug with a firefighting nozzle (monitor) was cruising by outside in open water and the crew saw it go off so they quickly came inside and doused the flames.

All was well & good but the effort filled the cabin & bilges with water and by daylight she was way low and had started to list pretty badly to the point that the air intake vents on the port side of the hull were close to letting the ocean in which would have sent her to the bottom very quickly.

I keep a couple of pumps on the Edwing for such occasions so I zipped over there and started dewatering the boat. Took about 2 hours with the large electric pump and she still had a little list when I pulled away but there were areas below decks that I just couldn't get into. Interior was totally gutted.

1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Was that a plug for alloy don't burn, or that it's good to have a Edwing close by completely rigged to pump yer boat out......I think BOTH!

Another Bayliner bites the dust.....thats too bad.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic