Slayin & Crushin The Bite Was On

Let's See Your Alloy Working
Capt. G

Slayin & Crushin The Bite Was On

Post by Capt. G »

Fished two days in a row which was amazing in itself with the weather we have been having.

On Saturday we took the long ride south and slammed limits of cod and all the pollack the guys wanted to take. Played catch release on keeper cod for about 2 hours after our limit was in the box. Stayed away from the fleet but still managed to get mugged by bent rod seakers...just the way it is down there.

The nice thing about fishing out of Gloucester is that I have within my range 4 major pieces of bottom to fish so when I get tired of the neighborhood I move. On Sunday I fished by myself, not another boat in site, and crushed cod and pollack until my guests called it quits around 1100! Fish were on the herring and of much higher quality than the day before...only 8 short cod taken in 4+ hours of fishing. Pollack to 15lbs and cod to 20 made for the best trip of the season.

Another week of NE winds and rough seas predicted but hopefully we can get on them again next weekend.

Tight Lines
Capt. G
Chaps
Donator '09

Re: Slayin & Crushin The Bite Was On

Post by Chaps »

How deep are those guys and do they tug pretty good?
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Capt. G

Re: Slayin & Crushin The Bite Was On

Post by Capt. G »

Pollack fight harder than cod but I'd rather eat cod.

These fish were taken in 45 fathom but at this time of year (on a different piece of bottom) we catch them in as little as 15 fathom,
Capt. G
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic