WAY, WAY OFFSHORE IN THE BIG POND!

Let's See Your Alloy Working
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

WAY, WAY OFFSHORE IN THE BIG POND!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

The most beautiful thing is getting to the Edge and being 125-NMiles off of Montauk Point at East Atlantis Canyon as the sun is coming up for a full day and weekend of trolling and chunking for big tunas and a possible shot at a Marlin.

XM Real Time Weather Fax is imperative offshore to be safe, IMO!

Cody with one of four large Yellowfins tunas he caught on the Butterfly Jigs that night.

Or 78-NMiles off the Point at the Dip which is 16-NMiles from Block Canyon for some Bigeye Tunas on the troll or Swordfish at night.

I beleive in multiple hookups we troll 11-rigs without our down riggers and 13-with them. Fish ON! Zig, Zag, Zig, Zag, Thottle up, throttle down, Fish On two, four, six , eight on Get too work boys!

Or dropping for Tile Fish on slack water, YUMMMMM!!!!!

Or being just 68-NMiles off at the Block Canyon (nicknamed FishTails) and seeing the storm on my real-time Garmin GPS/ XM Weather Fax unit and see it heading to the East and not towards us. This allowed us to feel comfortable and stay the night looking to get hooked up with a nice Bluefin Tuna in June on the troll.

Or on the Inshore shark grounds drifting for big Makos and Threshers in the dense Montauk Fog. This dragger had no one manning the helm and we had to foghorn him to alter his coarse, he was suprised and we were concerned.

and lets not forget the inshore fihsing for giant Montauk Stripers,

All in my little aluminum sportsfisherman, "XIAO MU JI"
Last edited by Ironwoodtuna on Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Great pics Marty!!!!!! That weather overlay looks to be a handy tool when making those Canyon runs
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic