Cptom's Amelia Family Charters 26' BlackLab

Let's See Your Alloy Working
cptom
Donator '10

Cptom's Amelia Family Charters 26' BlackLab

Post by cptom »

I offer a charter service "Amelia Family Charters" on Amelia Island, Florida. The following pictures are from an early April "ecotour" in my BlackLab, with fishing tackle of course, around (literally) Amelia Island, Florida. Jettywolf and I are the NE Florida BlackLab contingent. I'm the fat guy in the white hat.

Getting ready to leave the dock and head north on the intracoastal waterway

These white pelicans, like all other "snowbirds", head north in the spring

The main bridge onto Amelia Island is located at about the center of the 13 mile long island

Shrimpers are having an hard time making a living between losing dock space and fuel prices

A small but busy port

We are now in Georgia looking at Cumberland Island

Cruising out to sea on the St. Mary's river separating Florida and Georgia. Fort Clinch is on the north end of Amelia Island

Just cruising at sea; headed back south

The "smiley face" house near the south end of the island

Arriving back home

Putting the boat back on the lift

The Blacklab goes to sleep as the sun sets

More information on my charter service is available at: www.ameliafamilycharters.com
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Dang that's a sweet!
Your in what a real estate agent would call GODS COUNTRY compared to my neck o' the woods. Down here in crazy land.

I think I've been to a few of those pics before.

Wonderful photos Tom.

Thanks for for showing that excellent ride.
cptom
Donator '10

Post by cptom »

Capt. Dave,

I was over your way a couple weeks ago taking the ferry back to the north side of the river. I can't believe the road construction you have to navigate every day to reach the ramp. It would drive me crazy
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

Beautiful pics Cap
Greg P

Post by Greg P »

I love seeing pics from all you guys over there just showing your local areas that you frequent.

Will have to do a little more from here in SEQ
Jay Perrotta
Sponsor/Donator

Post by Jay Perrotta »

Great Pics!

Boat looks at home....
Jay Perrotta
cptom
Donator '10

Post by cptom »

Thanks Jay,

I'm still happy I bought the BlackLab, the fuel economy is even more important now than when I bought it. The "Lab" is right at home here in Florida. Haven't fried any eggs on the top yet, either (haha). The only area that gets real warm is the bow deck and it is no worse than any of the NON ALLOY boats I've owned.

Tom
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

What road construction?.......I live 5 minutes from the Ferry.

Ya mean Mayport "street walker road"????

I don't deal with that crap. And believe me building medians in the road just give the street walkers a palm tree to hide behind when the cops are chasing them.

The Navy base area is the slum, of the area.

My club house (aka: China Buffet) is over that way, but I do not frequent otherwise.
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Tom, what an amazing place to live. Really a dream house. You were either a wonderful person in a previous life, or a very smart person in this life, or maybe a combination of both! In any case...great pics.
Dave
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
fishontop

Post by fishontop »

Great pics.....thanks for the break from work. Boat looks great. I like where you put your throw ring on top of you roof. How did you secure it?
amfboats
Sponsor

Life ring mounting

Post by amfboats »

If it helps this is how we recently mounted a life ring on the roof, the lugs can be bent to hold the ring tight and little pieces of self adhesive rubber mat hold it firm along with bung hooks.

fishontop

Post by fishontop »

Thanks for the pic Captain. You are living the dream, w/ a great boat!
cptom
Donator '10

Post by cptom »

Thanks for all the kind words, I do love my boat and where I live. Sorry I'm late saying thanks, but I've been out of town for a couple days.

Fishontop, I just strap it down with a couple rubber bungee cords to the handrail on the top. Speaking of the handrail, I really like the one on the bottom of the top, it's great to hang onto.

SLDave, I try to tell my wife that I am a wonderful person but she doesn't believe it. Actually, this is the location where I grew up and has been in the family since the early 1900's. My parents passed away a few years ago and I have retired and moved back home. It is a really great location and I realize how lucky I am. We love to sit on the dock, watch the sun go down and partake of adult beverages. The only downside is the large wakes from the yachts flying by on the intracoastal. I know it comes with the territory, but it still aggravating to watch your floating dock (and boat if it is tied to the dock) get beat to heck every spring and fall as the boats go north and south.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I can't even fish the ICW when the caravans of Snow Birds are on the move.....I was told that just in Transients that the population of S. Florida grows by 100,000 boats each winter.....Double wow!

Key word: S. Florida, not N. Florida, we're just a speed bump on the way to Lala land.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic