34' Munson for sale, 100% welded marine alloy

Sell or Trade your Alloy boat here
cloutier

34' Munson for sale, 100% welded marine alloy

Post by cloutier »

the boat is 37' overall. pictures and more information can be found on my website at www.triplecmarine.com I do not see a way to add pics here.
[/img]
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Ya just have to be forum savvy that's all.

You're not the only one.

So that boat's from my town huh?
cloutier

Post by cloutier »

yes, I understand it was used as a dive boat in Jacksonville for a short time. The operator may have had financial trouble and the boat was purchased by a gentleman who planned to convert it but never did. So end of story, it has sat on a trailer for most of the last 20 or so. Doggone nice hull and the engines really look good too. Suppose to go fast.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

WOW! WHAT A NICE PRICE OFR AN ALUMINUM ENTRY BOAT

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Wow, after bargining with the sell and getting her for $55-65K for the hull (deal and a half), then glass bead the whole thing to bare metal, prime and repaint. She would look real sweet.

Throw in two new Volvo Diesel D4 280 or D6 310 or 350's with Duo Props and then a couple grand in the interior.

WALA! you have a $200K+ Boat that will go another 30-years without a blink!

Don't you think??? Marty
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Dave, that boat is from my neck of the woods in fact Munson is one of the biggest builders in the Seattle area to this day. That boat has a lot of potential for sure.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Yeah, I know. I was commenting it says Jacksonville Fla on the stern.

So add in another 200 grand and ya have a big alloy boat, maybe more with diesels??

Marty what would it take to whip this puppy into shape?
Bob5292

Post by Bob5292 »

They are saying the boat weighs 14,000lbs so once shes fueled and battle ready, that is going to be a pretty heavy boat. A pair of the new Volvo D-6 370s with DPH drives would be about 85k. You could get away with a pair of the new D4 300s with drives for just under 70. New windows and a door from Diamond SeaGlaze would be about 5-6k. Adding a second station for the Volvos with start stop, basic gauges, throttle and steering is about 5k. These new D series engines use all proprietary systems so its impossible to use other components to save money.

If you were paying someone else to do it, all of the little things it would really add up. If it was my boat, I would pull all of the plywood and replace the insulation and use Starboard on the walls and ceiling, then do Deco Dot on the interior floor and non skid the rear decks. Probably put in a new fuel tank and have the boat blasted and repainted. All of the wiring would need to be pulled and started over from scratch. As we all know, one bad wire can cause a lot of problems. Just the engines, pumps, wire, batteries, starboard, carpet, seats, cushions, and odds and ends would add up to well over 100k. Depending on your location, the labor could add up to almost that amount too. To keep the warranties on the Volvos they need to be installed by a dealer, and up here they are all about $125 an hour for engine work.

I know Munson makes amazing boats now as "William E. Munson". This was made by his old company, Munson Manufacturing that was sold in 1986 to AMERICAN EAGLE MFG and then they both went out of business and were auctioned off in 1997. If anyone here is interested in the hull, one of my employees used to work for Munson and I can try and get more info on these hulls

There is a 1997 30' foot model that was recently re-powered with Styer diesels listed for sale at $189,000 up here.

Bob
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I guess that's where work boats come from, huh?
Personally, I think I'd just go new or taken care of used, if I could find a similar boat. With all that said......................
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic