Craigslist Maine

Sell or Trade your Alloy boat here
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Craigslist Maine

Post by aluminumdreamer »

Looks like a decent hull for the money. http://maine.craigslist.org/boa/3656476152.html
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Re: Craigslist Maine

Post by AlloyToy »

looks like an older Winninghoff :idea:
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Post by aluminumdreamer »

I was thinking that. 10k seems pretty good for a 2002? I would be interested if I were the market. Cut that pilot house off and build a cool center console or doghouse and have a great boat for short money.
Challenge
Donator 08, 09,10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Post by Challenge »

Nice eye Alloy, it looks like a Response (Bill Lincoln) design. I think that I see the Viking welding logo on the side. Great hull for someone!
tsspk

Post by tsspk »

When this first showed up on CL, I emailed the seller because I was curious as to who the builder was. The seller confirmed that it was a Viking Welding boat.

When I saw the hull I couldn't help but imagine someone turning it into a CC with a leaning post for recreational fishing in New England. Realistically, I lack the time to do something like this, but I'm still curious what it would take? Anyone care to weigh in on the work/cost required to move the console and perhaps a repower? 100hp seems a little small for this size hull?

-Scott
welderbob
Donator ,15

Post by welderbob »

the first issue would be getting all the wires and controls from the new console to the engine. Might not be to hard if there is a soft patch over the fuel tank. Without looking my guess id about 5k to build a new console/ leaning post and re - rig. . In the old day I would have a customer looking for a used hauler. Now your hard press to find a lobster or lobster-man on the northshore of Long Island.

Again without looking up all the parts and prices, about 10k for new 150hp Honda or Yamaha.

If any one has a wild idea to do this, give me a call. Always looking for a challenge.A little Zep-a-lume will make it look like new !

Welderbob
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic