Pacific Skiff 2325 3/4 hardtop in NJ

Sell or Trade your Alloy boat here
chrisgatley

Pacific Skiff 2325 3/4 hardtop in NJ

Post by chrisgatley »

They say the best day of your life is when you buy and/or sell your boat. Realizing that my kids do not want to saltwater fish and wish to only freshwater fish makes this the hardest day so far and I expect the day she finally sells to be the hardest, worst day of my life to date. I love this boat and Pacifics that much.

Expect more photos as I plan to take them on Tuesday but the one photo attached will give you a rough idea.

2005 model 2325 with 3/4 hardtop.
2008 Mercury Optimax 200HP with 539 hours
Factory serviced everytime
2005 Tidewater Trailer Double Axle Disc Brakes
115 Gallon Gas Tank
Raymarine C Series 80 with radar color screen
Raymarine Dragonfly Sonar, downscan, GPS backup
Swim Platform Livewell
Icom Radio
Raymarine Radio
2 antennas of course
6 rocket launchers across top
4 rear holders on transom corner
6 trolling spread rod holders
3 batteries with on board charger
Battery switch
Lights are fully functional
In the water for sea trials till November 20th

NADA value places this boat with a suggested retail at $38,400.

That is it for now.
saltboat.jpg
Last edited by chrisgatley on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
welderbob
Donator ,15

Re: Pacific Skiff 2325 3/4 hardtop in NJ

Post by welderbob »

I'd get new kids. I guess if they like any kind of fishing, ,that's good.
Welderbob
chrisgatley

Post by chrisgatley »

I added some photos that will give you a better idea of this boat. Please note the yellow chords keeps the seagulls off my boat.

in 2013 (fall), I had Jersey Shore Yacht Services completely re-wire the contraol panel, radios, charging system and the Raymarine system. He swapped out my Raymarine radio for a Lowrance Radio and cleaned up the entire electronics box.
In 2012, I had the hull professionally soda blasted and it was immediately re-painted with Petit 4400 and the recommended epoxy base for aluminum boats. I re-painted the bottom again in 2014.
Engine Hours to date
Engine Hours to date
Mercury SmartCraft System, 2 Fisfinder/GPS with Radar
Mercury SmartCraft System, 2 Fisfinder/GPS with Radar
Attachments
sideshotport.JPG
Icom.JPG
Lowranceradio.JPG
radiosandwiring.JPG
Onboardcharger.JPG
Mercuryrunning.JPG
C80.JPG
dragonfly.JPG
Panel.JPG
Portinside.JPG
chrisgatley

Post by chrisgatley »

Someone asked about a trailer. It is a Tidewwater Trailer 2005 with 2 spare tires/rims. The brake lines were bled 4 years ago and the brakes were done at that time. The trailer takes the boat to the slip then sits in my driveway till I pick the boat up again in early December. Tire Lugs on the trailer all come off and are not rusted on. I brake them and tighten them monthly.

I am also the original owner
Attachments
Trailer.JPG
Traileraxles.JPG
nicknotsebastian

Post by nicknotsebastian »

is this boat still available??
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post by kmorin »

As the site's resident aluminum mill scale gnat-zee (as defined by the Skipper of the Jettywolf) I will point out that even a builder as fine and thorough as Pacific may be making a mistake by ignoring mill scale?

Their boats are well built, have good designs and great welds and finish but they, like 99% of apperantly all other major builders today (??) stop "finishing" before the boat is finished. I invite the entire forum especially the Pacific owners to look at the images in this example Pacific for sale. What do you suppose those whitish looking flecks are in all the bare aluminum surfaces? You don't suppose that could be mill scale induced crevice corrosion do you?

I think it is. All of my old craft have dull, even, flat gray color with no "flowers" surface on them and they were built AND ACID ETCHED in the 1970's and 80's. There were some that were not etched and they look like the photos here; but the majority of the builds are still uniform dull gray with even -no white flowers- coloration. As I've already mentioned, in the last few years I was called to one year old production boat with full cabin, and finish, electronics and big outboard package from a major name builder with a case of the flowers in the bilge. The owner called the builder company and was told "That's normal....." so here we are again. Major name builders of other wise quality boats don't seem to understand the basic chemistry of aluminum and its mill scale?

What is so hard to get? Etch a welded boat when its welding fabrication is done and before fitout, otherwise it will crevice corrode like this otherwise fine looking skiff! Mill scale is like the foam on beer, sort of looks OK, but otherwise is useless; wastes room in the glass, has little or beer in it, and doesn't' taste like a nice cold beer. (It's all for looks, all hat no cattle) It holds water vapor, is porous, and promotes the one thing that eats aluminum; aerobic/deareated water turned to into acid by the aluminum oxide's original grab for oxygen then loses the long term battle because once the ph shift happens, there is nothing but dilution or neutralization (rain and garden hose don't go very far in this direction) to counter the mill scale supported cells!

:deadhorse:

Now look at the work to clean her up? Strip her down to bare metal, open the voids, or make access and begin to try to stop her from burning herself up! It will take a long time for these sites to eat the hull /house through. Didn't we just have a poster here with a lighter hull with flowers and pitting under those sites? Do you want to spend 80,000 on a skiff that has mill scale on it? All the little flowers could have been avoided completely forever; by just washing here when she was welded out.

"A stitch in time saves nine?" Isn't that the old saying?

OK rant off,

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
nicknotsebastian

kmorin. i feel very educated. how long does this process take to do more than superficial/cosmetic damage on the typical pacific? does hot summer / cold winter have effect on the process? is there a simple thing (if anything) a current owner of an alloy boat can do to slow, stop, or reverse?

i do really want to know if this "pacific skiff 2325 3/4 hardtop in nj" is still available. if anyone here can reach out to chrisgatley, i'd really appreciate it. i did send him a pm too but he left no outside/separate contact info (no phone #, email) to otherwise connect.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Pacific boats are acid washed, in this picture you can see the acid wash both at the back of the shop. Don't know what happened to the hull in this post though. :doh:
My Pacific is 9 years old and is rolling right along with no issues. Here is my grandson knocking off the last of the blood..

Attachments
TestnewGoPro 410.JPG
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
nicknotsebastian

i still want to know if this "pacific skiff 2325 3/4 hardtop in nj" is still available. if anyone here can reach out to chrisgatley, i'd really appreciate it. i did send him a pm too but he left no outside/separate contact info (no phone #, email) to otherwise connect.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Nick, I sent him an Email [address I have on the site] to alert him of your questions and interest in the Pacific.
Lester,
nicknotsebastian

Thank you very very much.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Nick, I also sent you a PM, check your messages on AAB. :beer:
Lester,
nicknotsebastian

Thanks again. Saw your PM.
Very much appreciate the help!
chrisgatley

Post by chrisgatley »

Hi Ethan and Les,

I have been running hard with my primary job and finally able to update the thread. I took a deposit on the boat after a sea trial yesterday. The boat is expected to be delivered next Sunday, November 23rd. Should something change I will certainly let everyone know. Thank you all who expressed an interest and for those personally contacting me.

Good Fishing!

Chris Gatley
nicknotsebastian

thanks for the update. good for you. I wish I saw your first post sooner. please do let me know if anything changes!

thanks again...and welder - thanks again for all your help...guess I'm
still looking !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic