Post by Leaftree »

Chtucker

Re: Crozier Craft For Sale on YW - WA

Post by Chtucker »

It looks like it sits low in the stern
capesteve

Post by capesteve »

It does sort of look like it sits low but maybe an optical illusion created by the line of the rub rails. Nice boat!!
Fisherman

Post by Fisherman »

Here's a picture of the bottom paint versus the chine. Looks stern heavy to me too.
Attachments
5026234_20150319120750389_1_XLARGE.jpg
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Seems most smaller twin engine boats that are maxed out in HP are stern heavy
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Whidbey

Post by Whidbey »

I'm headed to check this boat out tomorrow.

Thoughts on what a fair price for this vessel would be?

Thanks in advance.
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

Its pretty new, kept in fresh water, etc. Has it come down in price since it was originally listed? I'd offer low 60's and be willing to come up a bit
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Whidbey

Post by Whidbey »

I went and checked it out today. It appears to be very well built and is a heck of a good looking boat! I think the owner did the electronics himself and it looks like he did a great job.

Went out there with a cash deposit in hand but there were some things that I'd definitely do differently. Gonna try to wait for the right one to come along but this may end in ordering a new one.
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post by kmorin »

Whidbey,
I don't think it would be casting aspersions on that boat if you were willing to detail what about the boat had that stopped your purchase? Did you take any photos? just in case you were to show what wasn't built to your design preferences?

Does the cabin have a hard forward steering station and a soft sides aft? Not sure that's what is in the photo but it looks like it? Helm/doghouse looks pretty narrow? but then that would leave wide and open walk-around space between the cabin and gunwale?

If time allows, I was just curious about the details as the boat does look almost new in regard wear and tear, in the photo above.

cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
Last edited by kmorin on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo's
kmorin
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

Kevin, there are many more pictures on Yachtworld.
Chad Crozier learned the trade at Armstrong. That is why there is such a design similarity. I am curious to know what you didn't like as well. It looks like a really nice salmon/sound boat
Whidbey

Post by Whidbey »

It's a fantastic boat, obviously very well built. Clearly the electronics and engine package are first rate. I also thought the custom canvas / plastic enclosure was very high quality. My decision not to purchase this boat can probably be summed up by saying that at the end of the day, I'm probably looking for a bit bigger boat. That said, after seeing this boat I've spoken to Chad Crozier a few times and I'm seriously considering having him build me a boat. I was very impressed with the craftsmanship displayed in this build.

I will share my impressions of the boat. First of all, I'm 6'4 so I realize I've got requirements that others don't. I had to duck a bit more than I'd like when stepping into the helm area, then standing at the helm I was unable to stand straight up without hitting my head on the ceiling of the cabin. That for me was a show stopper. Also, when walking from aft to bow on either side of the hard top, I had to duck substantially, which made walking around the cabin more awkward than it would for a smaller person. Obviously due to my height. All reasons I may need a custom build myself.

I did feel as though the seat was a bit close to the steering console for a guy my size.

I believe the buyer requested that the cabin be placed further aft on the deck than standard. In my opinion, this left very little room for maneuvering if you wanted to fish this boat using downriggers. (The positive side is that this configuration leaves all kinds of room at the bow). Bear in mind, this is a 22 foot boat so any expectations in this respect should hold this fact in consideration.

I crab, shrimp, and fish. Mostly Puget sound for the first two with a few trips per year to Vancouver island to fish. I'm looking for a boat that will cover me for all three. If a guy were to mount a pot puller forward of the hard top, this boat would be a cracker jack for pulling pots given all the deck space at the bow. While a guy could run downriggers from the boat, I'm looking for a little more room at the stern to maneuver while playing and landing fish.

This boat will be a great find for someone, as it's a sweet boat.
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post by kmorin »

Whidbey, you can't get more clear than that! The boat is too small for you! I don't mean LOA, of course, but if you can't stand comfortably at the helm or walk the decks in peace!!!

"It ain't your boat".

Thanks, I thought we were in the "live well location was too far to the port side" or "the bow locker is too tall..." something that was more or less personal preferences, not near as obviously physically impossible to live with the boat. And given your height, you may well find that a custom build is needed? The only other option would be to find a boat you liked at a low enough cost to allow the cabin top or base to be lifted and a 6"-8" filler added to get the head clearance you need?

I appreciate hearing your reply, thanks for taking time.

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic