Not mine, but wanted to share 28' Armstrong mono

Sell or Trade your Alloy boat here
Chtucker

Not mine, but wanted to share 28' Armstrong mono

Post by Chtucker »

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2013/Ar ... b_FtPCKl2Q

I am very familiar with this boat as it is almost a mirror image of mine. Biggest differences are power, electronics and where the entry to head is.

I know that there is room to negotiate on this boat... It would be better as a charter boat due to outside entry into the head. It also has 2" more headroom than mine. The trailer that comes with it is overloaded and the cost of replacing should be factored into pricing. Very little use (Under 70hours?) Guy bought it and can't single hand it/lack of experience.

Just throwing it out there if anyone is looking.
Attachments
5269216_20150730074516402_1_XLARGE.jpg
ruggit

Re: Not mine, but wanted to share 28' Armstrong mono

Post by ruggit »

Is that anywhere near the value of this boat? Just curious, because I own the exact boat with a single 350, and had no idea it's replacement is now a quarter mil. HOLY COW!
Armstrong 29 with Yamaha F350
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

I paid considerably less, but if you were to get a quote today from Armstrong for a new one just like this it would be in the $260-280k range The seller is asking for a bit more than they paid. A 2010 boat with less equipment and 500 hours sold a few months ago at $190k in 3 days...

:soap: I know I would not have bought new.

I think there is probably 10-20% wiggle room in their asking price, and the seller is trying to recoup the 10% brokers fee...
ruggit

Post by ruggit »

I think I will go out and pet my boat, and give her a few gallons of ethanol free premium for a treat. Lately I have been thinking again about down sizing. Unlikely there will be a new boat in my future. I repeat: HOLY COW.
Armstrong 29 with Yamaha F350
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Post by kmorin »

Remarks to the general Forum reader not as much to the posters here.

I built some commercial welded boats from the 1970's through the 80's and a few here and there since. Some of those open 22'LOA X 6'chine X 3'sides skiffs were for net fishing in the Cook Inlet and other Alaskan coastal waters (salmon) in fisheries that 'come and go'. Some years there are lots of fish and other years there are fewer by far.

If a fisherman's operation had boats enough for the big salmon run years (?) they had an excess capacity of boats on the slow years. (Some years later) I was working in another contracting field and wanted a skiff but couldn't take time (I thought!) to build one; so I approached several of the owners of multiple skiff owning fishing operations about selling me 'back' one of the skiff they had?

In the 10 to 25 years since I'd built the boats, they'd RISEN in value almost double( ?? !! ) I'm not sure if this is totally common with larger boats because the engines, electronics and other hardware will age and depreciate? If large expensive engines, expensive electronics and complex systems for living aboard are a larger percentage of the overall value of a welded aluminum boat (?) and those systems are depreciating slowly over time....... I can see where the more full outfitted boat could Only retain or very slowly lose value? But since the well maintained metal work will definitely appreciate over time, there is a good possibility that even the larger, more fully equipped boats, will sell above their purchase price even after use for many years?

I don't think this is true of any other boat building material that I'm aware? I think this market factor is another good reason to claim the Aluminum Alloy Boats are built of the best boat building material available today.

:soap:

My view of why I use the old (1890's) reference to aluminum as the "Miracle Metal".

Nice looking boat, like the cabin's brow/dodger as I think it makes the house look more 'balanced' with the overall looks of the boat.

Cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic