Two 25' Monark Patrol boats for auction -state of New Jersey

Sell or Trade your Alloy boat here
85MonarkVC

Two 25' Monark Patrol boats for auction -state of New Jersey

Post by 85MonarkVC »

There are two Monark aluminum 25' patrol boats being auctioned by the state of NJ. Here are the links. 11 days left in auction. The boats are almost same year and similiar to mine except they are 2 feet longer and have a wider beam. Monark became SeaArk in 1988-89 I think. I discovered the boats searching for info on my boat. Click on the pictures in the links. The boats are outboards (which I think are rare) and are pretty awesome. Looks like you need twins to push these. They look much heavier than my boat.

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmDisplay. ... cctID=1581

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmDisplay. ... cctID=1581
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Damn, already to go into my own sea-tow biz....just need power.

Can ya image if you had a lodge somewhere, man could you save some bucks there.

I see a CC in the background. That's what I wanna see.

You got yours with that triple-axle trailer right?

Cool beans!
85MonarkVC

Post by 85MonarkVC »

yea, my triple axle trailer and motor were included. With my boat, I actually called the guy up at 6 AM the morning after the ad came out, took a vacation day, and met the guy at 10 AM with a 1K cash down payment in my pocket. He was asking 9,900. obo and I offered him 6K and he took it! Two days later the boat was in my yard. I am still happy with my purchase.
peterbo3
Contributor

Post by peterbo3 »

G'Day John,
If you have some spare cash & these boats are sub ten $K, buy em if you can eyeball them. They are only up the road. :shock: :shock: Replacement cost for hull only is going to be $50K plus.
I spent nearly three months driving around the last year & had a look at a few plate boats. They were way dearer than Brisbane. But boats like these are a steal cos the average guy knows zip about alloy. :wink: :wink:
I am back in the US for five months next year & if these types come up again I will be bidding.
Regards,

Pete in Brisbane
85MonarkVC

Post by 85MonarkVC »

7 hrs left in auction. Presently the bid is approx 4500. or so for each boat. I think the price will be run up at the end of the auction. Lots of bids. We will see...

One of these boats would actually fit on my trailer. Maybe I should dump my boat in my back yard, and run to NJ with my trailer to begin my collection of these things. :D

If it was closer and really cheap I would be seriously tempted....
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Pete, what has you doing 5 months here?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic