Armstrong 23 monohull in PacNW

Sell or Trade your Alloy boat here
Chaps
Donator '09

Armstrong 23 monohull in PacNW

Post by Chaps »

This seems like a good deal on a 23 pilothouse, ad doesn't say what power but probably a big Yam

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/781534109.html

2005 23 ft Armstrong Pilot House (Monohull) One of a kind welded aluminum boat! Custom built by Armstrong Marine in Port Angeles. Boat in new condition with the orginal plastic protection on helm chairs still intact. Awesome Garmin electronics( radar, chartplotter)with data cards always updated. Two Icom radios with DSC. Boat comes with a galvanized King Trailer, one of the best. Specs on boat attached. Additional pictures are available upon request. Approximate weight of this boat and trailer is 6000lbs.- this weight includes full fuel and absolutely everything you can take with you. $65000. olyshed@netzero.com or 360-683-5030.

calstabi

Post by calstabi »

Chaps, This looks like a very Tough NW boat and alot of Aluminum for the price....

He must of added the engine info....The Craigslist ad states the ENGINE: • Merc 4.3MPI 220Hp V-6 with Bravo II stern drive. That sounds underpowered??
ruggit

Post by ruggit »

Sometimes you just have to drive a boat to see if the power is right. I looked at the ad and photos, looks like a good buy.

We cruised around the lake(freshwater at 2128 ft above sealevel) last night with 3 men, 4 women, a large dog, and about 130 gals of fuel in my 9.5 x 29 Armstrong with what some people may think is underpowered with a Yamaha f350.
\
Can't say we jumped on plane, but got up just fine, and cruised at 3800 to 4500 at an apparent 20 to 30 mph. Can't verify speed, as I am having some issues with my house battery, and had the Furuno vx2, and second vhf turned off to try and get a full charge.
Armstrong 29 with Yamaha F350
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Thats a good deal for sure. That boat would be 100g up here in Canuck land.
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

calstabi wrote:Chaps, This looks like a very Tough NW boat and alot of Aluminum for the price....

He must of added the engine info....The Craigslist ad states the ENGINE: • Merc 4.3MPI 220Hp V-6 with Bravo II stern drive. That sounds underpowered??
That would be plenty of power for me but I'm an old fart who doesn't mind a more leisurely pace and the fuel consumption that goes along with moderate speeds. All that said I wouldn't buy it because its an outdrive. Just don't like those things, especially because I leave my boat in a slip year-round and they just don't do well marinating in the salt brine 24/7/365 IMO.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic