May sell my 26' Black Lab

Sell or Trade your Alloy boat here
v26wa

May sell my 26' Black Lab

Post by v26wa »

Things have been well & my dreamboat of a 35'-40' downeast may be a reality next season. If so I will sell my Lab. I do love it though ! Anyway, you guys pretty much know it from my previous posts. She now has 70 hours on her & not even a hiccup. The short list.....
2006 26' Pacific / Black Lab WA5
Twin 150 Optimax's
Aluminum I-beam trailer
Radar, 10" chartploter, 2 VHf's , Color sounder
Outriggers / center rigger
much, much more ................
will entertain all offers.

JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

One man's dream boat is another man's stepping stone......

Being "in" my dream boat now for almost two years, I find it unfathomable to want something that needs heavy duty maintenance.

Things must be really well. Fuel's only dropped .15 cents nationwide, versus the rise of over .15 cents over night, in some places.

The luxury service biz I'm in isn't healthy, I'm sorry to say.

If you're sensible, you won't have any problem finding a buyer.

AAB.com - takes boat sale's "bird dog fees", call us tax deductable.

We want T-shirts, hats, and a photo uploader service for the site. For our members, some day.
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Well heck...if you don't live your dream, somebody else will!

I bet Beven could make you one that would look just like a Hinkley!
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
slug420

Post by slug420 »

great lookin ride! I just saw it over on THT and was just gonna link to it from here :)
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

What kind of reasonable offer are you looking for? That is a great boat. That is the old Metal Monster isn't it? I loved that vessel the first time I set eyes on her.
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
Bullshipper

Post by Bullshipper »

That baby must scoot. Really like the way you set her up.
v26wa

Post by v26wa »

John, the hull only new in 06 was $44,000.00. I'm asking 55k for boat, motors, trailer, & all accessorys. I think thats priced pretty well for all that. What do you think ?
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

That sounds fair.

The hurtful part could be someone coming to get it from afar.

Compared to that 23' pacific boat that was on here, that had "wings" welded on the CC's hard top and was super goofy, and beat up.

Welder told me he ended up getting 40K or more. Which was way high I thought for that boat.

Your $$ is great!
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

v26wa wrote:John, the hull only new in 06 was $44,000.00. I'm asking 55k for boat, motors, trailer, & all accessorys. I think thats priced pretty well for all that. What do you think ?
That sounds real fair to me and I'm a couple of months too late :lol: . If I hadn't bought the Sculpin I would be real interested in her. I'll spread the word.
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
almaddog

Several questions

Post by almaddog »

If you don't mind I have several questions.

What is the height from the deck of the boat to the top of the rails at the transom,mid ships and just behind the bow bulkhead ( storage box)?

How wide or narrow is the gap between the pilot house and inside of the gunnel? do you have to scoot sideways to get the bow?

Are there angled rodholders in the gunnel?

Is there room for a portapotty in the pilothouse?

Is there room for installaton of a seat for the driver ? Do you just drive standing up all the time?

Do you have trim tabs?

How many scuppers and what size are in the boat?

Sorry about all questions but I am very interested in your boat.

Thanks Albert
almaddog

Several questions

Post by almaddog »

What is the height from the deck of the boat to the top of the rails at the transom,mid ships and just behind the bow bulkhead ( storage box)?

How wide or narrow is the gap between the pilot house and inside of the gunnel? do you have to scoot sideways to get the bow?

Is there room for installaton of a seat for the driver ? Do you just drive standing up all the time?

Do you have trim tabs?

How many scuppers and what size are in the boat?

Sorry about all questions but I am very interested in your boat.

Thanks Albert
almaddog

Several Q's

Post by almaddog »

v26wa

Post by v26wa »

Hi Albert,
I will have to go measure to know for sure. the rail is higher in the front than the rear I'm guesssing all heights are around 3'.

I will also have to measure the walk around gap. I can walk around with out going sideways but it is close. I'm gonna guess 14" for now.

There is no angled rodholders in the gunels yet. Its on my list. I liked that it didnt have them b/c installation is simple & it gave me time to fish the boat & have the freedom to decide which angle & where to place them . I have been expermenting with the clamp on ones to see where I will like them the best. I did install 4 on the bait station that I use to troll from the outriggers / center rigger.

Both storage comparments in the pilothouse are HUGE & there is pleanty of room for a portapotty.

I was going to install a removable helm seat in the middle & there is plenty of room to do so. However I do stand alot anyway & its actually quite comfortable to sit on the starboard seat facing foward. You have good visibality & controll of throttles / wheel. If I dont sell the boat I probally will not install the seat, I feel its not necessary for my application.

No trim tabs, the mountings are there already & are predrilled for Lencos, an easy installation.

There are 2 scuppers & both are rather large I'm guessing 2 1/2 " ? maybe someone knows for sure ?

Let me know if there is more & I'll get all the measurements this weekend. Thanks 1

Dave
slug420

Post by slug420 »

JETTYWOLF wrote:That sounds fair.

The hurtful part could be someone coming to get it from afar.

Compared to that 23' pacific boat that was on here, that had "wings" welded on the CC's hard top and was super goofy, and beat up.

Welder told me he ended up getting 40K or more. Which was way high I thought for that boat.

Your $$ is great!
trust me...this boat is way prettier too
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Easy on the comments guys :D . My Edwing aint pretty either.
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

Are the motors '06s as well? Are they 25" or 30" looks like the mid section in one picture is not painted.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

The Rock wrote:Easy on the comments guys :D . My Edwing aint pretty either.
Rock, well maybe you need some "wings" welded on your cabin roof.....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic