26 ST engine choice and mount`

General boating discussion
FishMagnet

26 ST engine choice and mount`

Post by FishMagnet »

Hey guys, what was the final decision on the mounting of the engine on a 26' BL? I have been waiting on getting a Bl until now, but have heard that the engine has to be mounted a "hole or 2" different from the factory mount to achieve the right speed/economy. Don't know what to believe. According to Jay, the Suzuki 300 would be my best choice for an engine on the 26.....would the standard engine mounting position be fine? Please help clear up my confusion on the topic. :grin:

AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Re: 26 ST engine choice and mount`

Post by AlloyToy »

I started on hole number two on my 23 with a 25" F150 Yamaha. I'm on hole 4 now (all the way up) and If I had a fifth I'd be there. In this position the boat rides & planes differently than in hole 2. I'm at about 5700-5800 at WOT 2 POB 40 gal. of fuel. Top speed being mid/high 30's. I can't remember my prop pitch.

I could tell I needed to raise it by CAREFULLY peeking over the transom while running and seeing the vertical spray off the cav. plate

I hear that 300 is awesome :thumbsup:

Good luck
AT
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

for sure go with the Susi 300 , and if Jay mounts it [ we want pictures :rotfl: ] on the boat I'm sure it will be in the right hole.

That's a PERFECT match. :thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

see below....225 Honda on a 26 footer. All's well in Florida, all's well on mounting and prop they gave me from factory. I'd put my boat up against any plastic Cat boat when talking ECONOMY.

I love me boat, I should have named it;
Run's hard on just Spinach!
NUKE

Post by NUKE »

Get the boat from Jay and it will get sea trial and prop tested with the engine of your choice for your ideal setup . Sean tests all boats with Zuke 's for proper height and prop configuration . don't worry ,get the 300 and you will go very fast and engine hole selection won't be an issue . they have charted every instalation by craft,engine placement and prop selection to date at Yarmouth Boat Yard . Engines installed at other Vendors with out sufficient experience with these hulls have had a tendency to install engines to low and cause more drag and spray than is ideal . even so its a quick fix at worst and choosing the correct power is the biggest thing .

different craft configurations ,3/4 hard top ,super top, T- Top , C/C all weigh in different and require different prop pitch in some circumstances to achieve top performance rpm's .

Go for the 26 with the 300 Zuke . I've been at the helm of one and it is an amazing Craft to say the least . Good Luck .
NUKE
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic