Transducer for Alum Hull

Mods and custom builds
tincan2
Your location: ca

Transducer for Alum Hull

Post by tincan2 »

Sorry should have put this post here to begin with. I have a 24' Marshal Pilot house Alum boat. Just finished my restoration with a new v8 EFI, wiring, kicker, outside and inside sand, etch, and sharkhide coated. My next project is the electronics. My question is what type of Transducer for the Aluminum Hull. I want a powerfull at least 1K transducer but I am having a hard time finding a plastic one. Do they exist or do most people use a SS thruhull with some sort of bushing. Just worried about corrosion.

Any advice appreciated
peterbo3
Contributor
Your location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Transducer for Alum Hull

Post by peterbo3 »

TC2,
If the boat is trailered the SS164 should not be a problem. They do come with an insulated collar also.
Regards,

Pete in Brisbane
Nat

Post by Nat »

tincan2 wrote:Sorry should have put this post here to begin with. I have a 24' Marshal Pilot house Alum boat. Just finished my restoration with a new v8 EFI, wiring, kicker, outside and inside sand, etch, and sharkhide coated. My next project is the electronics. My question is what type of Transducer for the Aluminum Hull. I want a powerfull at least 1K transducer but I am having a hard time finding a plastic one. Do they exist or do most people use a SS thruhull with some sort of bushing. Just worried about corrosion.

Any advice appreciated

I think BOE marine has a transducer made to fit an aluminum hull
jrogers
Donator '08

Post by jrogers »

Sorry I don't have a better picture, but at the right side of this picture you will see a level sitting on a bracket. My builder used a Stalinless Airmar 1KW transducer, but placed it on this bracket outside the hull. This way you don't have to drill a big hole in the bottom of your boat. It works great, even running at speed up to two or three hundred feet.

Jim
Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic