If you had to buy another motor

Motor discussion
capeannfisherman

Re: If you had to buy another motor

Post by capeannfisherman »

Guess I should have read the previous post before I posted. I just got so excited about a diesel outboard. :banghead:
Adrian
Night Runner
16/65
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Here is the Email I got back from the Diesel OB owner/shop..

Thank you for your interest in Maritime Engineering Group's new Vision Turbo Diesel Outboard. Currently we are gearing up for production which will begin in summer 2009. The outboards that we will be producing will be in the range of 115hp-230hp and will meet all emission standards. When we get closer to our production date pricing will be available. The weight of our engines will be similar to the Yamaha 350 and for durability our engine will also have closed cooling.

Again thank you for your interest, please visit us at www.megoutboard.com for future updates and specs. We will be updating our website within the next month with more info about the engine and our OEM partners.

Best Regards
Don Gardner
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Striker37

Post by Striker37 »

Diesel is the way to go.I have twin turbo diesel 165hp DAF engines in my striker 37 sportfish.These engines have 5000 hours on them and they both run great.2.1 gallons of fuel is burned per hour for both engines running.I can go 125 miles and only burn 50 gallons of fuel.The only problem was finding parts for them here in the USA as the DAF factory is in holland.DAF got bought out by Paccar which now owns kenworth trucks.I called my local kenworth dealer and they sent me a price list and availibility of parts for my engines.I can get anything i need cept for this tuned cast iron exhaust pipe that comes off the turbo.(one of mine is cracked)Daf doesnt make it anymore so they sent me the blueprint for it so now i will make it out of stainless steel.
Millions of dollars of Spanish treasure await those who would dare brave the eye of the hurricane.
Occams Razor

Post by Occams Razor »

The Truth:

The Razor pops up on plane very easily with the big Honda 225. When I have the guys on board I notice she works

harder to pop up but still does so without a problem. So all in all I would say the 225 is my minimum hp pick.

If I built her with a pilot house or have it added later I will go to a big Yamaha 300 or 350.

All that extra torque will easily pop 26 feet up on plane and get great economy. Pitch up the prop and run it at

3500 RPM and smile ......

Threre is no sustitute for cubic inches when making gobs of torque......
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

since we're reserecting this thread.

If I had to buy another motor, I'd have twin Honda's on the stern.

I'd have this!!!
Two of the SAME!
Two of the SAME!
Pacific- Kicker brackets.jpg (80.5 KiB) Viewed 4514 times
I'd want that lil pup thru bolted, though.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Thanks Dave, now I'm jonesing for a Honda Kicker .
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Yeah me too, with a nice bracket, tied in to my big engine and a complete seperate control box on the console!!!!!!
Add in a few side rub rails and I'm in the PINK!

Haven't found 10K laying around anywhere, lately. But still keeping my eyes open for a "bale" floating in the ocean. That maybe the only way I get rich fast, in this biz anytime.

Water pumps crapping out on the truck. Looks like another non-intended expenditure right before a $1500 insurance bill due and ZERO business.
BaileysBoat

Post by BaileysBoat »

Just turned 500 hrs on the F150, freshwater all the time. Apart from the noisy balancer replaced at 398 hrs the Yamaha has been flawless. Running a Yamaha 17p aluminum I have gotten 5.75 mpg max, 4.85 minimum cruising the Ottawa river, running 31-3400 rpm. Original plugs and water pump. 10 micron filter changed every 100 hrs. Seafoam every tank, run shell regular during the season and fill with Shell gold just before winter layup (ethanol free).
Stanley Islander 19, Yamaha F150.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic