Oversized fishing video

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
Seefood Man
Sponsor
Your location: Woodland, WA

Oversized fishing video

Post by Seefood Man »

Here's a video of some oversized sturgeon fishing on the Columbia River. Turn up the volume and enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKWny1sujEE
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Re: Oversized fishing video

Post by AlloyToy »

That there be some big azz suckers :mrgreen: We use to see them all the time here on the CT River while water skiing
Seefood Man
Sponsor

Post by Seefood Man »

Yea! don't run into one. The largest last year was 15 foot and estimated to be 925 pounds. Trashed three Penn 320 reels in that week. Changed to Shamino TLD 25 for them.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

What do you use for bait??
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Seefood Man wrote:Yea! don't run into one. The largest last year was 15 foot and estimated to be 925 pounds. Trashed three Penn 320 reels in that week. Changed to Shamino TLD 25 for them.
Penn 320's???????

Heck, I wouldn't use one of those for a Redbass at my Jetties!
(Because bycatch is big Shark, Tarpon, 300# stingers)

When ya wear it all out Pete, get on the Accurate Pro Staff. You'll never wear out another reel ever again.
Thats what I did.

I used to turn Abu Garcia 700 Big Games, into ash tray's all summer back when I was really cheap.
Seefood Man
Sponsor

Post by Seefood Man »

AlloyToy wrote:What do you use for bait??
We have a shad run of about 3 million+ in the Columbia. They range in size from 3 to 6 pounds. We catch a bucket full of them first thing in the morning, then run down river and fish the larger ones whole. Sometimes we'll split them length wise and make a "shad taco". With what is left over we use a crab bait or stick in the garden.

I hear you Dave. Those Accurate reels are really fine. I did not know they have a pro-staff program. Thanks I'll have to look into that. Looking forward to our vacation down there and hooking up with you. Tight Lines

Pete
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I met the "rep" for Florida and got to know him, and he asked me if I'd like to try Accurates years ago.
Now that I've fished 12 of them 8 with my name engraved on them too, It seems all you'll have to do is ask, or bump into a local rep.

It's good for them. Because a few years ago I'm sitting at the jetties hooking Blacktip Sharks, that were eating our 30 pound Redbass, and getting them to the boat.....the sharks I mean. They're in a 5 knot tidal current and become 300 pounds of force while just being a 100 pound Shark.

The boat next to me was a weathly guys son who had everything. He was hookin them and loosing everything.
Next thing I know I'm in our High Dollar tackle shop, and one of the countermen says, "Hey Dave, a guy came on in here and ordered 4 Accurates, said he saw yours in action......blablabla.."

So there ya go. My J-O-B was done.

The power of "observation", while on the water, is almost as powerful as the water it's self.

(with the exception of Florida fisherman/boaters....who say they love my boat and think it's super but end up buying some cheap screwed together "craft" with pink and seafoam green gelcoat, with a touch of metal flake.... :rotfl: )
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic