armstrong cat listing

Sell or Trade your Alloy boat here
Napa Mike

armstrong cat listing

Post by Napa Mike »

saw this posted on yachtword. If I only had an extra $250k burning a hole in my pocket!

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2009/Ar ... ted-States
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Re: armstrong cat listing

Post by spoiled one »

Yea, he is a member here. Wonder what he will be upgrading to. Hmmm...
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

OK Pete, I just got Dane Bramage , who's ride is that .
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

That is a beautiful boat :thumbsup:

Les if I'm a good boy will you buy it for me :mrgreen:
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

welder wrote:OK Pete, I just got Dane Bramage , who's ride is that .
You met him when you and the boys came up on your week long weight gain program. akcat

It is an awesome fishing platform!

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

spoiled one wrote:
You met him when you and the boys came up on your week long weight gain program. akcat

DUH.... OK I found those brain cells and now I remember we met him at the 1st place we stopped that had GREAT BEER , great guy with a great boat . He will probably get something that will surprise us big time. I hope it sleeps 8 or 10 people and comes with a galley slave.
Lester,
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

AlloyToy wrote:That is a beautiful boat :thumbsup:

John, I'm having a hard time getting a delivery truck lined up to bring her to ya but keep watching the driveway for it to show up, 10 roger.

:popcorn:
Lester,
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

Post by JETTYWOLF »

WHAT?????

Ya'll don't know how to post a photo? And ya gotta let some GD, fisherman post one for ya?

(Sorry in advance for being very blunt)
But who the hell builds one of those and then sells it the next year or two? If it's not the Builder/Manufacture, themselves.
If so, We're seeing a whole lot of cashola flying around here, these days. This isn't the only 250K boat thats passed thru these pages. And funny thing is many are Alaskans......(proving my point Spoiled One!)

As I sit here wondering what my fate will be AGAIN this year. If Fuel prices go thru the roof, as in March of of 08 in Jax Fla.
at $4.25 not to mention diesel. And as the Pres states in his speach last night, The reccession is dwindling.

Yeah, just let fuel in America equal out to what it is world wide. And ya'll will even kiss your rubber rafts good bye!
I don't see the average European with even a 20' custom alloy boat. Let alone a boat at all.

May sound like "Liitle chicken", but then again how many here are in the Luxury business for the last 15+ years.
Each new year I'm even less "hireable" by anyone else, and just thankful to have a roof over my head.
akcat

Post by akcat »

welder wrote:
spoiled one wrote:

DUH.... OK I found those brain cells and now I remember we met him at the 1st place we stopped that had GREAT BEER , great guy with a great boat . He will probably get something that will surprise us big time. I hope it sleeps 8 or 10 people and comes with a galley slave.

No nothing that big. I'm having a kid here in the next week or so and my fishing adventures are going to have to change. My wife wants to do more camping and exploring and less 140 mile round trip day fishing. My boat now sleeps four adults, but want more living and less "killing" space. I have some ideas about what I'm going to build when this boat sells, but I'm getting ahead of myself for now.
welderbob
Donator ,15

Post by welderbob »

Jetty,
Not only is the price of fuel a problem, what about the price of aluminum?? Your government announces that its building 10 new aluminum combat ships (417' ?) and the price of aluminum goes up 25 cents a pound. And it will be harder to get "big" plates to build small boats.

WB
akcat

Post by akcat »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Image

WHAT?????

Ya'll don't know how to post a photo? And ya gotta let some GD, fisherman post one for ya?

(Sorry in advance for being very blunt)
But who the hell builds one of those and then sells it the next year or two? If it's not the Builder/Manufacture, themselves.
If so, We're seeing a whole lot of cashola flying around here, these days. This isn't the only 250K boat thats passed thru these pages. And funny thing is many are Alaskans......(proving my point Spoiled One!)

As I sit here wondering what my fate will be AGAIN this year. If Fuel prices go thru the roof, as in March of of 08 in Jax Fla.
at $4.25 not to mention diesel. And as the Pres states in his speach last night, The reccession is dwindling.

Yeah, just let fuel in America equal out to what it is world wide. And ya'll will even kiss your rubber rafts good bye!
I don't see the average European with even a 20' custom alloy boat. Let alone a boat at all.

May sound like "Liitle chicken", but then again how many here are in the Luxury business for the last 15+ years.
Each new year I'm even less "hireable" by anyone else, and just thankful to have a roof over my head.

I guess I'm the guy that builds a boat and sells it two years later :) Things change and so does my wife's wants/ demands in a recreation boat. I used to have more of a cruising type boat before we built the cat and thought that's what we wanted, but like I said things change. If the boat doesn't sell, I guess I'll just have to keep killing fish on it ( gosh that sucks).
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by AlloyToy »

welder wrote:
AlloyToy wrote:That is a beautiful boat :thumbsup:

John, I'm having a hard time getting a delivery truck lined up to bring her to ya but keep watching the driveway for it to show up, 10 roger.

:popcorn:

Please hold off a few weeks....I have 24" of snow on the ground and 8" more coming tonight :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Nothing against you, personally.

I just don't have any friends like you and don't drink my beer or kill my fish with any one like you. I'm sure I have customers like you.

Some peoples boat is other peoples dream boat. And if that was mine I'd be so upside down I couldn't sell for 20 years.
(not that it's my dream boat, but ya know what I mean. Cabins or as I like to think of them as "forts" do have their advantages:
(I don't think the carpet would match the drapes in this fort...But Kids can be easily made in forts, huh?)

I guess, I'm just so very over classed here. I used to think that over on THT, when the south Floridians would show the pics of their docks, and then the docks at the vacation house in Nova Scotia.

I called their "dock" a neighborhood, I'd like to live on!

I guess it boils down too what ya find important. Remember, this is coming from a "bachalor"....because no woman wants to be second to a boat and a lifestyle. And kids....? I get enough of them 4 or 6 hrs at a time on a rather small enviroment.
akcat

Post by akcat »

[quote="JETTYWOLF"]Nothing against you, personally.

I just don't have any friends like you and don't drink my beer or kill my fish with any one like you. I'm sure I have customers like you.

I don't take anything on these forums personally, if I did I would be an emotional mess. Do you take 30 year old construction workers fishing? :)
Last edited by akcat on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Nothing against you, personally.

Some peoples boat is other peoples dream boat. And if that was mine I'd be so upside down I couldn't sell for 20 years.
(not that it's my dream boat, but ya know what I mean. Cabins or as I like to think of them as "forts" do have their advantages:
(I don't think the carpet would match the drapes in this fort...But Kids can be easily made in forts, huh?)

I guess, I'm just so very over classed here. I used to think that over on THT, when the south Floridians would show the pics of their docks, and then the docks at the vacation house in Nova Scotia.

I called their "dock" a neighborhood, I'd like to live on!

I guess it boils down too what ya find important. Remember, this is coming from a "bachalor"....because no woman wants to be second to a boat and a lifestyle. And kids....? I get enough of them 4 or 6 hrs at a time on a rather small enviroment.

JW, I think you are living in your own little world down there. Big boats with forts are really not that uncommon. Especially in the PNW and up the BC coast to AK. An open boat just does not cut it for family use. You could always "choose" to live elsewhere, but getting rich chartering probably isn't going to happen. I suspect you could improve your cash flow with a couple more Pacifics and hire them out. You could have your own fleet! One could even have a fort!

Just an FYI: Girls like the ones posted come standard issue with the fort option. The set that came with mine are a bit better looking, though. Man can they fillet flat fish and process shrimp! :beer:

Good luck on selling the cat, akcat. I look forward to seeing you on the water regardless of what you will be running. We still need to share that drink served over glacial ice. Hmm...I have some in the freezer come to think of it. Captain Morgan Private Stock or Woodford Reserve...choices are tough in the land of boats with forts! :thumbsup:

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
akcat

Post by akcat »

Pete,

If you only knew much of a pain it is to get booze here in Salt Lake City. I can't wait to get home......
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Post by spoiled one »

akcat wrote:Pete,

If you only knew much of a pain it is to get booze here in Salt Lake City. I can't wait to get home......
Let me know when you are heading back up.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Pete , did AKcat ever get his Hoodie ? See my memory is coming back .

And is what's funny is I am old enough to be AK's Dad and I'm only 50, on make us proud. Pete you hush up , your right behind me.

:sarge:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Lester,
akcat

Post by akcat »

I was supposed to pick it up from Pete before I left, but I ran out of time. I'm sure he still has it and it's only lightly used: :deadhorse:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

AK, Pete has 2 , his wife has one and I bet yours is still in a bag waiting for you . I also bet when you get back home you can try it and a big glass of fisherman's refreshments at the same time.
Lester,
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Any pics of the inside of the Cat or BIG BUTTS coming over the rail ?
Lester,
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Quote: "Do you take 30 year old construction workers fishing?"

Yeah I do, but none have a 1/4 million boat. If they did, they wouldn't be going with me.

I could be yer daddy too. Not just Welder........but then again he looks much older than me. Many of my 30 something year old customers think I'm younger than they are. Which is really funny. I tell'em, its good genes. And being my own Boss.

Yep, we all live in our own little world, Pete.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic