Swamp Tour '11

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
welder
Site Admin

Swamp Tour '11

Post by welder »

I think I have what all I need loaded and fueled up . I'll be heading out at 0600 for about a 10 hour drive , so if any of ya see a White Ram 2500 pulling a Plate alloy boat be sure to pull me over to say howdy , heck I'll buy breakfast, lunch or dinner .

And if ya don't want to pull me over just honk to wake me up. :thumbsup:

Dang , I just remembered that I have to change the Air Filter on the Cummins :banghead: I'll go reset the alarm :banghead:

I'll be in and out of here for the next two weeks . :beer:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Re: Swamp Tour '11

Post by S L Dave »

Have fun Brother Les! Take pictures. :beer:
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Anchorage, Alaska

Post by spoiled one »

Have a great trip, eat well, and use that picture taking thing! :thumbsup:
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
Lucky Louie
Contributor
Your location: Louisiana

Post by Lucky Louie »

Drive careful and see ya in a few hours. :thumbsup:
Daddy'O
Your location: TX

Post by Daddy'O »

Crud - I knew I was forgetting something last night (air filter) :shocked:

Have fun & call if you need any assistance. We've got things covered here at the ranches :gunner2:

Be safe,

Wayne :beer:
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

Hopefully we won't need to call ya for "Bail money" Wayne. (You know how WILD Welder gets ;) ) I'm pretty sure we can find him a filter around here somewhere. If not I'll just fire up the air compressor and blow it out with the air nozzle.

I sure hope he brought his camera. Because Cathy and Ashley are headed East Tuesday with Mom and Dad for a few days with mine. (How is that for covering myself when folks fuss about not seeing pictures posted :nutkick: ) But I'll TRY and get SOME pictures posted.

Rough draft of our float plan is to make a loop down the Amite river to Lake Maurepas over by Pass Manchac to eat lunch at Middenorfs Sunday. Then back across Maurepas after lunch to Blind river. Then up Blind river thru the Diversion Canal back to the landing in the Skintback. That will give Welder a idea of that area from the waterways I used to run my Grady on weekend jaunts with the family. Then go back in the Cajun Redneck boat to take him in the skinny water/swamp parts of the area several days. Hopefully we can make a "Night run" in the area while he is here the first week. That way he can REALLY get the swamp experience from a perspective most aren't willing to do. (Scaredy-cats) There is a LOT more activity from the critters of the swamps at night.... With some swamp fishin thrown in the first week.

Then Sunday the 12th, head down to Venice with the "Skintback" and my "Land Yatch". Have reservations for the week in Boothville to park the camper. It isn't far to either Venice Marina or Cypress Cove from there. Hopefully we will have several days of weather that will let us fish that area several different ways. (Inshore, offshore and near-shore)

Of course a lot of good eatin at various places thrown in to boot just for good measure..... :mrgreen:
Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

Sounds like a great time Don. :thumbsup:

I sure wish I could be there with you guys but life has been throwing me too many curve balls since December and I am needed here at the ranch. :nutkick: :hammer: :banghead: :gunner2:

Les can fill you in during your swampin tours. :mrgreen:

Talk at you guys soon!

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

Well Welder made it here safe and sound. I started him off with five pounds of boiled crawfish for supper. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!! :thumbsup:

welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

And that WAS my 5lbs of bugs AND YES I ate them all , BUT, Don did not take a picture of his 5 lb platter :popcorn: .

I just got set up in Dons 38' 5th wheel MONSTER camper , I'm telling ya....Throw a steering Wheel on this sucker and we got a MOTOR HOME.

Wayne , I did the secret squirrel O-Dark-30 attack at the C4RANCH this am :joecool: and retrieved a clean and oiled Air Filter from the storage room.

I also got to meet Kathy, Dons BETTER 1/2, I'm telling ya ...Southern Women are just FUN to be around, She is a very nice Lady [ Don , I don't know what you did to catch her but Son ....Ya done GOOD :thumbsup: ]

Time for some shut eye, my Crawdads are making me sleepy .
Lester,
pjay9
Your location: Tacoma, WA

Post by pjay9 »

Lucky Louie wrote:Well Welder made it here safe and sound. I started him off with five pounds of boiled crawfish for supper. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!! :thumbsup:

You sure look like to could use some sleep! Have great days to come! Waiting for pics! Capt PJ
2009 Raider 185 Pro Fisherman, 2005 90Yamaha, 2012 Yamaha9.9HT, 2008 EzLoader roller, 2004 Dodge TCD dually, 2005/2015 Lance1161
Daddy'O

Post by Daddy'O »

Lucky Louie wrote:Well Welder made it here safe and sound. I started him off with five pounds of boiled crawfish for supper. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!! :thumbsup:

Dat look mighty fine.

Hey Don, is that the same place we ate lunch with you on our way to Venice back in 2008?

I can still smell and taste that shrimp po boy samich and shrimp gumbo…….ooooo weee! : :thumbsup:

Lucky Louie
Contributor

Post by Lucky Louie »

No Wayne it is another place that is "Right around the corner" from my Mom and Dads place names "Sammy's". Last year when Welder and Claudia were on their way back from FL we ate there. Welder and Claudia both like the fried alligator there. They might have told yall about it then.

Today was "Work on/get boats ready day". We changed out the seat box and seats in the Cajun Redneck boat and Welder helped me with some stuff I couldn't do by myself. Then we went and fueled both of them up and moved them to my house. (Got him to go to my Dads place yesterday as it was easier and had more room) Also moved the camper here a little while ago too. So everything is here and ready to roll. Make it easier for us using my place as "Home base".

Tomorrow is the long loop with Middenorfs for lunch in the middle. (By Pass Manchac and I-55 at Lake Maurepas) Gonna be L O N G day/run in Skintback. :thumbsup:

Welp, Welder just waked in from taking his shower. So we are ready to go to a place in Zachary, LA (Right down/West on HWY 64 that runs by my house) named "Cajun Catch" for supper. I think I am gonna get the fried crab claws and some fried shrimp. Catch yall a little later.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

If it ain't fried 'er boiled.....it ain't worth eatin'.

Jus an FYI to ya'll in Southern California :rotfl: :rotfl: ya only live once, why not enjoy it. :joecool:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

I am STUFFED... :popcorn: I also had the Crab Fingers and WOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEE em R GOOOOOOD .

Got to tell y'all , Eating is a not just a favorite pass time down here, it's a JOB.

So far I have had ,
Boiled crawfish
Eggs Grits & Sausage
Pork BBQ
Fried Crab & Hush puppies

And this is just the 1st 24 hours :mrgreen:
Lester,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic