NZ Earthquakes

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
amfboats
Sponsor
Your location: Wanganui, NZ

NZ Earthquakes

Post by amfboats »

Well Christchurch is literally been a shocker today, A 4.4, 5.5, 4.3, 3.4, 6.0, 4.9, 3.4 and a 3.7 on the Richter scale. All within a few hours. Talked to my uncle he, his wife and family are safe but very shaken up, as it seems luckily so has the rest of the population so far. Still to hear from friends in Christchurch. Wellington (188miles from Christchurch) a two and half hour drive from Wanganui felt some of the quakes. But we didn't feel them here in Wanganui (280miles from Christchurch).

All our hearts go to Christchurch, it is so frustrating wanting to help but being unable to.

It really does seem that with the hardest financial lows come some of the harshest blows from mother nature. Americans and and Australians in particular have suffered incredible weather and Chile with its Volcano now too.

Waiting to see how dad goes getting back from the Melbourne Boat Show in two days time, The Chile Volcano has caused the cancellation of a lot of NZ and Australian flights.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Re: NZ Earthquakes

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Hmmmmm.....In my fishing bubble I never heard about any quakes down yonder.
Yep, they say the apocolypes is getting closer. According to Nostradamos, and the science channel on TV.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic