Hi All

Introduce yourself here
rastus
Your location: brisbane

Hi All

Post by rastus »

Hi been looking around these forums for a while not and i thought it was about time to make a post. i live in Brisbane Australia, work as a draftsman (ex welder) and have the goal of building my own boat. i have joined different forums over the last couple of years with mixed results. most boat design forums seem only to cater to the larger boats and i have noticed a trend of passing off new comers.

This is not what i want to build

this is the ocean cylinder by yamba welding

this is what i want to make or something with the same finish, i spoke with them about a year ago and they would not sell plans or a kit. That is when i started looking at different plans. I purchased the study plans for the "tuna 16" but have decided against it ( was so close to getting plate to router cutter). with limited space at home about 5m is the limit for how big i can go with this build but the next will probably be bigger :), have access to cheap 4mm plate(will use that on the pontoons) and free 5&6mm plate and free router cuttingif i but the 4mm plate, and will be looking to put a new Yamaha F70 on the back and the boat will be a dedicated fishing boat

thats the basic layout so far

that is a bit that i have layed out in 3d

i have been speaking with chris from CTMD he he send me a layout for one that he is working on and i might speak with him next week about modifying it to suit my needs but i think it will cost more than the boat will :banghead: There may be some people on here that are able to help me along with this build. If anyone has information i can read up on RBB design or could help out with the best deadrise of the hull and if i should use a delta pad etc...

if you made it through the post thanks, bit of a long winded first post

James
goatram
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Your location: Stanwood, Wa

Re: Hi All

Post by goatram »

Welcome James you came to the right site. We have a lot of Copper Pennies to throw your way throu your build. The Boat design looks interesting. As you know the money spent on the Marine engineering will be well spent. Better to find out the weak points on paper than out in the ocean.
John Risser aka goatram
33' RBW with twin 250 Hondas (Aliens)
2015 Ford F350 Dually
Master of R&D aka Ripoff and Duplicate
3f8
Doator '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17
Your location: Gulfport, Fl

Re: Hi All

Post by 3f8 »

Welcome to AAB!
"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline.
Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."
Hunter S. Thompson
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic