Helicopter crash in Auckland Viaduct

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
amfboats
Sponsor
Your location: Wanganui, NZ

Helicopter crash in Auckland Viaduct

Post by amfboats »

This crash happened this morning, expensive christmas tree. Man this guys is one lucky guy to come out of this un harmed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6LJkjcMO_U
dawgaholic
Your location: Middle Georgia

Re: Helicopter crash in Auckland Viaduct

Post by dawgaholic »

:shocked:

And wow, what great fortune for the pilot! Super scary that appeared from the onset.
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
amfboats
Sponsor
Your location: Wanganui, NZ

Post by amfboats »

Oh it gets better... there is always some helpful dude that manages to help stuff things up :shocked: about 3 mins 20 into this news clip there is new footage shown, and a guy can be seen to reach up and grab the cable and give it a good yank (that is pull to you Yanks). i have read a few bits around the place that it looked like the cable wouldnt release, so maybe that's why the guy gave it a Pull (yank).

Few years ago a local helicopter boss called a pilot and his ground crew in after they wrote of the chopper, the ground crew laid the strop over the skid instead of under it. He said " well boat what do you have to say for your self" he replied "sorry".

http://www.3news.co.nz/Chopper-pilot-ha ... fault.aspx
dawgaholic
Your location: Middle Georgia

Post by dawgaholic »

Holy sheep----!

I'm having extreme difficulty fathoming why a human was holding ANYTHING which could possibly come into contact with the rotors!!!! Helicopter anything is dangerous and the pilot no doubt had the experience but something terribly wrong happened here that could have gone horrifically worse very quickly.
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic