ALLOYISTS, we love metal right? Check this out!

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

ALLOYISTS, we love metal right? Check this out!

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Like the boga-grip, made in the good ole USA, here's a really SWEET fishing tool.

INNOVATION, I'm always looking for it.
READ THE DETAILS!

And when I find it and it's made right here (in Georgia), not in China or Indonisia, I get all excited.

GO HERE: http://www.shop.snappersaver.com/main.sc

Since we have Alaskans that catch them bug-eyed fish from the deep, The New Englanders digging deep for thier white meat, and even them Aussies who may not have such an innovation, and me.....yeah I catch Redfish and they blow-up too, in just 50 feet when pulled from the bottom too fast.

Remember, BOGA-GRIP...at: $120, I believe this is on the same wave length. I'd like to have one, to deflate my fish and dehook them at the same time. I use my Boga-Grip every single outing and charter.

Just an FYI, for people who don't get out much.
gandrfab
Your location: Edgewater Fl

Post by gandrfab »

Nice find

going to have to get one or two
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Spoke to the Owner of the company via emails, today.

He's friends with a pro shop in NY that I buy from, go figure.
That's where I saw it first.

If you have a Boga-Grip......ya gotta have one of these fine Items.

I'll be getting one.
The next generation comes with a Lanyard, that was my concern. And why I emailed the man.

Anyone do any venting of released fish? I know I'd like to do more, because BIG Redfish sometimes float-away all bloated if you don't help'em out, after messing up thier day by catching them, first......hahahah.....

Thier competition is that piece of crap the ARC, that they're using Guy Harvey I guess as the spokesman. So what a, looped piece of metal??
And they want $20-$50 for it????

I'm a techno-guy. And believe the Boga Grip was one of the finest innovation I've seen in a long time. And now so copied to death....most of the time copied pretty aweful too!

So you'll end up seeing knock-offs of this in the future too, I'm sure.

Ya have to read the fine print, to get the whole picture of the Snapper Saver.
gandrfab
Your location: Edgewater Fl

Post by gandrfab »

I have been using a 1\8" SS wire bent into a hook for dehooking
fixed to a wood handle

for venting I have used a marinade injector with the back cut off
Riptide

Post by Riptide »

Certainly a nice peice of gear but I'm interested to know if you guys use release weights over there.

Spiking the bladder of a fish can cause serious infections with an end result no different to watching the fish float away. Some fish are fairly hardy and don't seem to be all that effected. I have spiked fish for years and and found some of our big fish can not have all the air released even after several attemps.

Release weights are a very quick and effective way to decompress the fish back into a healthy condition moments after capture. Most fish will release most of the air at 10m below the boat but it's best to get them all the way to the bottom before pulling the barbless hook out. As you can see in the pics its works off a very basic princable and is a far better way to release fish unharmed. I have only just started doing it and can't believe it's taking me so long to do such a logical thing.

Regards,
Greg

JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Intresting....

I've heard of people here attaching a tiny wire hook to the Downrigger cable/ball and lowering the fish to the bottom, where it pulls off the fine wire hook on it's own......usually monster Grouper.

Hey, I make my own dehookers too. And deflaters. But don't use needles very much. Instead I try not to yank them off the bottom too fast, if I can.
Deep water to me is 100 feet offshore, 50 inshore in the river.

Just liked the "all in one". Like I said, kinda a nitch item for the techno-gadget guy, like me. I love fishing accessories and love em even more when they are metal.

The man's sending me one to try out.

I used to have a big plastic ice scoop on the boat. Then found a big Aluminum one! So the plastic one was demoted to dog food scopper, and when my boat was delivered, I put the Aluminum scoop in the cooler in the boat. Can't have plastic crap on my metal boat!

I know, that's really ate up!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic