Cummins QSB 6.7L + Zeus pod drive

Motor discussion
dawgaholic
Your location: Middle Georgia

Cummins QSB 6.7L + Zeus pod drive

Post by dawgaholic »

Love/hate relationship with Cummins power but that was way back before pencil neck geeks in the envirowackoagency began believing they were greater than God Almighty. Reading very positive experiences from Zeus users and the Bravo 3 based Axiom sterndrive units which are independently controlled and you have very viable options to high horse OB options.

Be curious if any builders are experimenting or incorporating either system in any builds or have performed trials to determine the viability for power applications in their lineup.

http://cmdmarine.com/prop/index.html
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Re: Cummins QSB 6.7L + Zeus pod drive

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Dawg,

I seems like ya need to head down to Miami in Feb. You can attend the BIG boat show and in two days get it all outa your system...and be over loaded at the same time. :popcorn:
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

JETTYWOLF wrote:Dawg,

I seems like ya need to head down to Miami in Feb. You can attend the BIG boat show and in two days get it all outa your system...and be over loaded at the same time. :popcorn:
Though it will be more suited to what I will likely end up with simply because of the unpredictable near term future, the Atlanta Boat Show is January 12-15 so I will have to get my little fishing camera some extra memory cards.

As always, life tossed me another high curve I couldn't lay off of as I awoke to @#$% water in my living room floor. Seems the leak which never previously existed before our roof was crushed by a neighbor's tree last Spring has returned. The roofing outfit is about to get the what for's.
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

But the eye candy in S. Florida when it's 75 degrees by 11am is awesome!

And Miami's supposedly the largest.

I used to stay right in S. Beach, just a few blocks from the show for $70 a night double beds, me and my pops. Park truck once and walk around easily. Night clubs were right down the street from our "art deco" old hotel, and we'd sit drinking beers on the front porch at night and watch the parade of freaks, """":shocked: real bodacoius girls"""", Laborginins, Mazorati's, transvestites, homeless beggers, and street walking comedians. What a damn hoot.

Collins ave in S. Beach has alot of affordable Hotels/Hostels to rack in.

Get on the free buses and hit the Marina at the Marriott-marina, first and take free test "sea-trial" rides all day, then go to the convention center for complete amazement.
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

JETTYWOLF wrote:But the eye candy in S. Florida when it's 75 degrees by 11am is awesome!

And Miami's supposedly the largest.

I used to stay right in S. Beach, just a few blocks from the show for $70 a night double beds, me and my pops. Park truck once and walk around easily. Night clubs were right down the street from our "art deco" old hotel, and we'd sit drinking beers on the front porch at night and watch the parade of freaks, """":shocked: real bodacoius girls"""", Laborginins, Mazorati's, transvestites, homeless beggers, and street walking comedians. What a damn hoot.

Collins ave in S. Beach has alot of affordable Hotels/Hostels to rack in.

Get on the free buses and hit the Marina at the Marriott-marina, first and take free test "sea-trial" rides all day, then go to the convention center for complete amazement.
Indeed, sounds like a plan you got there! :thumbsup:

I know parts of Miami well as we had a primary account there for 15 years. We stayed next to the Airport in Doral....and shopping at the Publix there is quite literally a Life changing experience, for one. :mrgreen: Ok in short doses is MIA as like the ATL, there are LOTS of humans and drop dead gorgeous wimmins of every category in vast numbers, plus a shortage of mens! (ATL the ratio is 8-1, single girls to menfolk.)

I should be able to see the newest engine and drive setups as you see most anything up at Lake Lanier anyway, except for alloy toys/forts of any consequence. Getting caught up will consume two days at least as I will only manage 3 hours at the very most per day. No plans to drive another 90 minutes to Lanier to ride any.
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Ah but how plans can change! Looks like I will do a trip to the in-the-water demo part as there is a big boat up there for sale I just gotta check out. The Wife and I have previously discussed a live aboard situation and there are more than a few such opportunities at costs right in our wheel house I just gotta check out.

Click on the Lake map to expand it: http://www.lakelaniermaps.com/

Some 411 on Lake Lanier:

-At full pool, approx. 760 Miles of shoreline. Or the distance from Bald Ridge Marina to Key Largo, FL.

-The lake is popular with boaters, houseboats, jetskiers and others, particularly around the summer holidays. Over 7.5 million people per year visit the lake, including its marinas and the Lake Lanier Islands waterpark. The rowing and sprint canoeing events during the 1996 Summer Olympics were held at the lake.It also hosted the canoe sprint World Championships in 2003 at the Lanier Canoe and Kayak Club.

Established in 1957, Holiday Marina has become synonymous with Lake Lanier. Holiday Marina in Buford, Georgia, and Aqualand Marina near the town of Flowery Branch, are two of the largest freshwater marinas in the world.

Lake Lanier was the site of the 1997 Bilderberg conference.

If you get stuck changing planes here there are some great choices for curing your fishing itch in Georgia Lakes and Rivers. Here's a couple, the Striper Soups, landing some stripers on light tackle at another big power lake in the Metro ATL, Lake Alatoona:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fP_wyK46g0
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic