ATL sets pollen record but RAIN today!

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
dawgaholic
Your location: Middle Georgia

ATL sets pollen record but RAIN today!

Post by dawgaholic »

It was bad yesterday at the Lake and it was a hazy yellow-green fog I took my G-son to daycare in this Morning. Only after I saw this article did I know it was off the charts:

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-weather ... 89944.html

This early stuff isn't what bothers me, that comes later in the Year in our second Pollen season but to give all some idea of the extent of it, the City of Jonesboro, Georgia had a main sewer clogged with the stuff for a brief time today. The street sweeper unknowingly liquified about two tons of the stuff and pine straw served to help create a pollen infused slurry which literally set up into stone once it got hot. :rotfl: As I knew some of the fellows clearing it out, all of them got pictures of it and one filmed for posterity.

No evidence of Global Warming here, the record for consecutive days over 80 degrees in March was broken with today's high of a glorious 84 degrees. We will pay for this later as only Mother Nature know how that will go down.
Last edited by dawgaholic on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
CTMD

Re: ATL sets pollen record this AM

Post by CTMD »

dawgaholic wrote:The street sweeper unknowingly liquified about two tons of the stuff and pine straw served to help create a pollen infused slurry which literally set up into stone once it got hot.
ouch, that will hurt if it happens of its own accord due to heavy rain.
Chris Tucker Marine Design
Your Boat Your Way.
www.ctmd.com.au
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

That is what happened Chris and just a few moments ago I talked with the crew over Lunch and we LOL'd about it. A gully washer would do the trick as the sheer volume of water would dilute the slurry enough.

We set another record count today 9,369.

The Health Authorities consider 1500+ to be a danger for those with respiratory ailments fwiw. A passing shower remains in the forecast with the best chance for some liquid relief Thursday afternoon.
CTMD

Post by CTMD »

dawgaholic wrote: A passing shower remains in the forecast with the best chance for some liquid relief Thursday afternoon.
Don't they have beer in the United States?
Chris Tucker Marine Design
Your Boat Your Way.
www.ctmd.com.au
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

CTMD wrote:
dawgaholic wrote: A passing shower remains in the forecast with the best chance for some liquid relief Thursday afternoon.
Don't they have beer in the United States?
:mrgreen: Oh yes, but alcohol and me parted company when I began all the daily meds to keep me alive some Years ago. Oh do I miss it having grown up in the Bars as my Mom operated a pub for years near the ATL Airport. I sneak one now and then.

BUT, for you Single Guys, if you can't find a gal to suit ya, COME ON DOWN! The Lord Blessed this area with a disparity of numbers as in there are 12 gals to every available guy. Oh did I mention that the Metro here has over 5 Million folks? The Sun dresses and Spring/Summer attire is in full swing and I had to use a pain patch on my neck after picking up my Mom at the Hub to Hell this afternoon. I might be old but I ain't DEAD yet. :rotfl:
dawgaholic

Post by dawgaholic »

Seven consecutive Days of record High Temps for March and another off the chart Pollen count of 5,174.

For those wondering out loud, the Air here is a pale yellowish-green chartreuse, the depth of pollen on my Van was only 1/8 inch this morning, and the rush hour traffic has quite literally created a Yellow Fog as the stuff blows off 55k vehicles/hr passing by the entrance to my neighborhood and rises over the six lanes of mayhem. From the Intersection of US 41-19 & GA138 Spur, the spot of the pivotal Battle for Jonesboro and the highest ground nearest the City South as well as the Rail Spur to Savannah, the reflection off the Gold Dome of the State Capital is still visible with the naked eye (18 miles away) but it looks pretty weird in this haze.

Funny but the EPA considers this only moderate air pollution....my PC Physician would beg to differ. So thick is this stuff that my Home filtration system became clogged for the first time since it was installed back during the Olympic Games held here. The filters cost $50/ea. so I took it outside and gently knocked out a couple of pounds of the yella stuff, re-installed, and got 30% more air volume. Yuck! Saving my new one for when this episode abates.
dawgaholic

Re: ATL sets pollen record but RAIN today!

Post by dawgaholic »

The trees have about run their course now and the heavy yella stuff is on the decline. :clap: Count today: 4,379.

The cyclone that has flooded large parts of Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Alabama, hammered the populations with violent storms, high winds, and tornadoes, arrives HERE this PM. We'll sure take the rain but I hope that other stuff dies down.

Condolences to all residing in those areas whose lives have been impacted.
dawgaholic

Re: ATL sets pollen record but RAIN today!

Post by dawgaholic »

Like they say, it is the stuff you cannot see that will get ya. Been battling a cold on and off, nothing unusual with a 3 year old coming to and from Daycare, but it morphed into full blown pneumonia, hence my scarcity. I sought help quickly enough to avoid the Hospital for now, subsequent x-rays first of the Week will reveal whether or not I need that level of round the clock care.

Will return soon...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic