Chtucker - did you find your boat?

Sell or Trade your Alloy boat here
SalmoGairdneri
Your location: Snohomish, Wa

Chtucker - did you find your boat?

Post by SalmoGairdneri »

not sure the appropriate forum but I enjoyed the threads from Chtucker and the search for a boat.

what was the resolution of this?

-Salmo
Chtucker
Your location: Redmond, wa

Re: Chtucker - did you find your boat?

Post by Chtucker »

No. I found a dream deal on a Coldwater 30' down in Ilwaco. The seller was awesome, Russ from CWB was awesome. Had the survey done and the local Volvo shop look at it with no issues. We had been preapproved on a boat loan.

Then...

What was/is funding the boat got screwy. We sold our house in Colorado in January. Walked away in the positive and we thought we were sitting pretty. When the finance company ran our credit one last time before they funded, our mortgage on our house in Colorado was listed as Closed/Delinquent I knew it was going to take a while to straighten that mess out and I felt like an azz when I had to tell the seller. It was priced well enough that it probably sold quickly. I did pass on the formal marine and mechanical surveys to help expedite his process.

So... no I am still looking. Nothing has been screaming out at me lately. There have been a few "deals" out there, but not financable. There was a 36' Coastal Craft in Anacortes that had sunk. It needed to be rewired and probably repowered. It sold cheap enough that someone could have done it. I think it sold for around $60k. Edwing has some 32x14' pilot house cats without power....

I crawled under a rock for a few months while I figured out the credit report thing. It was only TransUnion that screwed it up. It took about 6 weeks to have it redone. I did it myself, but It was hard getting through to a human being to discuss it.

Howard
Sabs28
Donator '11 '12 '13 '14 '15
Your location: Wits End

Post by Sabs28 »

Funny how that works, Doesn't it. It take 2 minutes for the bank to destroy your credit report & 2 years to fix it. :nutkick:

Had that happen to me with a certain phone company. I guess when you cancel your contract early it shows up on your credit report as a non-payment. Same old BS, called, called, called, Had the checks that proved that I payed for it, still "NO" for an answer, mentioned "lawyer" and everything got straitened out VERY QUICKLY". Imagine that...... :thumbsup:
Last edited by Sabs28 on Thu May 31, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

Kinda looked really bad with a $150,000 "delinquent" loan on our credit reports... Our scores went from 700s to 500s...
SalmoGairdneri
Your location: Snohomish, Wa

Post by SalmoGairdneri »

Dude. That really blows. I've heard of those situations with the reporting agencies. Especially sucks after all the legwork you did to find a boat.

Best of luck!

-S
Chtucker

Post by Chtucker »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic