BEST DEAL

Motor discussion
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

BEST DEAL

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Best deal I could find on Premium oil.

Occams Razor got me to try and YES, it actually quieted my Honda. Just like the Boat Tests magazine video I watched showed.

Probably running alot cooler too.

Add the extended life RP oil filter and you're set.

Been running for awhile now and needed to find a good source of Royal Purple. For future oil change. Probably have 200-250 hrs on the RP right now.

Here's the best deal I found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1092706873

My "case" of 12 is on it's way.
dawgaholic
Your location: Middle Georgia

Re: BEST DEAL

Post by dawgaholic »

We've run synthetic oils and lubes in our vehicles for as long as I can recall and it is money well spent given the absence of ANY engine malfunctions or failures. While initially more expensive, when your mechanic tells you that that 500k rebuild isn't necessary and run it up to a million, you could say that I was sold.
I only do what the voices in the Tackle Box tell me to.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Dowg..

Thats a tad different than these P.O.S. outboard motors. No matter what brand, color or HP. They just will not last or run like a "vehicle" motor.

Why?

Now thats about the same "mystery" of the deep blue seas.

If only a outboard would run like a diesel in a truck. Come up with that one and you're a multi-millionaire in 10 years.

I believe it's all about RPM and suckin salty air. But then I ain't a mechanic, I just play one under the shade of a Tall Southern Pine.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

W-O-W.......received in just a few business days!

Free shipping and delivered via FedEx.

Way easier than going to Pep boys, sitting in traffic, having to stand in line or deal with incompetant store personel.

I love Ebay, worlds largest Market place.

Next up: all new filters, t-stats, o-ring seals, other stuff that says HONDA on it and costs an arm and a leg.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

I see most of these new 4 stroke out boards running for 1000's of hours . If you got 3000 hours on your OB that would be like running your car at 60MPH for 180,000 miles and from my experience most GAS motors around that mileage start to die.
We have guys putting 10,000 + hour on some of these OB's . That is the same as 600,000 hour on your car.
Except we don't run our OB's at just 2000 rpms, some are bouncing 5500 to 6000 rpm's while running [ two speeds , STOP and WOT]
I like to think to compare apples to apples ....Put your truck in 1st gear and run 6000 rpms to work every day , how long will your truck last?

Just a thought....
Your gas mileage may vary. :mrgreen:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Yeah W,

we all need diesel outboards with a turbo, and an overdrive....... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Every single two stroker I've owned blew up in one shape or form at 1200 to 1400 hrs.

Been there done that so far, and have plans on easily doubling that when a Honda 225 cost more than my Dodge Truck!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic