Been Gone a while

General boating discussion
ReelSong
Your location: central Or

Been Gone a while

Post by ReelSong »

Not sure what happened but I have not been able to acess this site for a long while and low and behold its back, not sure if problem was on my end or sites, but happy to be back on here. Those who know me know I'm about to build another tuna boat if my last project sales so I'll start a BUILD THREAD , when that happens, I'll list it on this site as well in the next few days. Sure glad I'm able to log in again. New boat will probably be a 35' X 10 or 12 foot walk around pilot house with twin diesels primarily used for comercial tunna and charter trips, looking forward to everyones input, have not picked a design yet. here's the last one
Attachments
boat on trailer.jpg
boat on trailer.jpg (6.64 KiB) Viewed 3774 times
Napa Mike
Your location: Bainbridge Island WA

Re: Been Gone a while

Post by Napa Mike »

Hey Reelsong:

I like the boat you built last year. It looks good, so I bet you will sell it quick. If you are looking to build a new boat as big as 35 by 10 or 12, how about a cat with walk-around pilot house? There are some cool plans available, including some from Australia or New Zealand.

Cheers,
Mike
ReelSong

Post by ReelSong »

Mike, I like the cats but I think for resale here as a comercial tuna boat I'm thinking mono hull with big fish holds and RSW or even freezer holds, not set on design yet, and as said this one has to go first or I'll keep fishing it. Thanks for the input though ,always looking for ideas and plans. I kinda like the cope patrol boat plan if it could be modified for diesels or something simular maybe even wider with walk around pilot house for sure. If my boat had been a tru walk around it would already have sold to a lodge in Alaska but was a little difficult for older clients to get around to bow.
Fisherman
Your location: Central CA

Post by Fisherman »

Reelsong, you've mentioned RSW in several posts recently. This idea really facinates me. Could you start another thread and educate us all on how this works and what design elements needs to be included in a boat, what power it takes, and what equipment is needed? And maybe add information about insulating the holds, etc...
ReelSong

Post by ReelSong »

Would love to as soon as I know more, I have a freind who modified his bowpicker holds to include RSW this season, but he did it with two small 12000 btu/hr units that a local guy built and they seemed abit light for what I want to do. They are pretty simple by design but require enough generator to run them. they can be reasearched on line by typing in refrigerated sea water chillers . there are several manufactures from small portable tote units to 100 ton screws so If I get started on a new build I'll let you know what I end up doing and will detail out the process. right now I'm still planning and havnt even decided on a hull design. If My current boat dosnt sale by spring I will fish it another season, it requires 1200lbs of ice to haul 120 fish in hold, tote, and ice chests but it takes a good day to kill 120 . On the bright side you get top dollar for one day iced fish ,but I'd really like to do more two and three day trips.
Napa Mike
Your location: Bainbridge Island WA

Post by Napa Mike »

If it is too difficult to put diesels in the Cope patrol boat, maybe you could put a walk-around pilot house on the 34 fast cruiser from cope? It is 34 by 11'7" and already set up for I/O. It looks like a very tough hull!

Mike
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic