Fisherman
Your location: Central CA

22' Safe Boat, F250 $55K

Post by Fisherman »

Not mine. Looks like a chambered boat.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/boa/3363248291.html
Safe.jpg
Safe.jpg (42.46 KiB) Viewed 4665 times
Last edited by Fisherman on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Re: 22' Safe Boat, F250 $55K

Post by Chaps »

There's a few ways to get cl pics up here. One is to get the craigslist link for the photo and put it in your post but the negative is that when the ad finally goes down then the pic disappears from your post. Better to save pics from the ads to your photobucket account then put them in your new post that way the pics will last as long as you keep your photobucket account active. The best way though is to save the cl pics to your hard drive and use the AAB upload function to put them on this site's hard drive (server). Then if you delete the photo from your own computer it won't affect your post. I think there is a more detailed explanation somewhere on this site on how to handle photos.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Bob5292
Your location: Seattle

Post by Bob5292 »

Interesting boat. It looks like it was made by USIA.
Fisherman

Post by Fisherman »

Chaps, I spent some time trying to find the info about posting pictures a while back and only found how to post via photobucket. I would need some instruction on how to use the AAB upload function. I think we all like pictures, it just takes a little time and effort to get them up.
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

Here are the basics of placing a pic into a post using the upload function on AAB.

The upload function is for posting pics to the AAB server that you have saved on your computer in the jpeg format.

If you are looking at a CL ad with some pics you would like to retrieve and save to your hard drive there are several ways to do that, I think the easiest way is to find the save function in your browser menu and save the entire web page. You should get a file or folder created on your computer somewhere that contains all the text and jpeg photos from that craigslist web page.

Next, start a new AAB post, type some text as usual and then when you want to insert the pics from that saved CL folder simply find the "upload attachment" button (as shown at the bottom of my screen capture pic below):
upload button.jpg
upload button.jpg (168.87 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
When you click on the upload attachment button you'll get a window that looks like this:
button opened.jpg
button opened.jpg (45.97 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
Click on the "Browse" button and you will see your computer directory, find the file folder containing the CL pics, choose (or open) the pic you want to insert into your post. The file name of the pic will appear on the line in the window next to the "browse button". Then click the "add the file" button to send the pic to the AAB server.

The pic file will now appear in a new window called "posted attachments" Do you see my pic file titled "upload button.jpeg" in the screen pic below? This is where and when you actually move the pic from the AAB server to the spot in your post where you want the pic to appear.

Step one is to position the blinking cursor in your new posting window exactly where you want the photo to appear (usually just below text you've already typed). Then click the "place inline" button and the file name of the pic will be placed into your post. You won't actually see the picture until you click on the "preview" button at the bottom of the posting page.
place inline button.jpg
place inline button.jpg (70.2 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
Thats about it! Try it, you'll screw up a few times and then you'll get it. Its a weird system, everybody agrees with that :shocked: uh-oh, chaps soon to be banned :mrgreen:
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Fisherman

Post by Fisherman »

Thanks Chaps, I'll give it a shot one of these days.
Fisherman

Post by Fisherman »

Wow. That was easy! And now my post looks a lot more informative. Thanks for your help.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Chaps, I just got back to my PC...
THANK YOU for helping an AAB Brother out :beer:

Yep it's a little different but we get use to it.

Yall don't forget you can start an ALBUM by going to your USER CONTROL PANEL [ Top left under Martys boat picture ]
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic