I want to buy an 18 foot Quintrex

General boating discussion
diver1111
Your location: Portsmouth NH

I want to buy an 18 foot Quintrex

Post by diver1111 »

Hi All,
I own a 16 foot Quintrex TopEnder-great boat I use for diving and running side-scan-sonar in New England. Need something bigger that will still fit in my garage so it's an 18 footer; Ideally I'd like the helm flush-right but would look at something different.

I've looked at other brands of welded aluminum boats but afraid the cost is off the dial when all is said and done. Nice but huge money as a rule. If someone can suggest other brands too I'd look at them but for now it looks like another Quinnie

Any help appreciated.
Hans/Exeter NH 617-513-2778
Katoh
Your location: A.C.T Australia.

Re: I want to buy an 18 foot Quintrex

Post by Katoh »

Don't know if I can really help you much, as I'm not aware of whats available over in the states, but Quintrex is basically an Aus. boat, I'm not sure if they marketed them in the same name over there? maybe someone can advise on that one.
One thing that may help is I believe they own or bought out a lot of the other pressed boat makers down here. Now all these boats like it or not in MY OPINION ONLY!!!!! are all a much of a muchness. Just thinking if they bought over the Quintrex brand they might have bought over some of the others also.
Try
Stacer
Stessel
Savage
Brooker
Never know you may get lucky.
Good Luck
Katoh
Cheers
Katoh
I maybe slow, but I'm bloody rough!
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Go to , twimarine.com or here >>>>> http://www.twimarine.com/Bayrunner.pdf and check out Klamath Boats that Kenny carries. I think he had a deal going on a NEW 19'.

If you call Kenny he'll be more than helpful on the phone, tell him Les from Texas sent ya. :thumbsup:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
diver1111
Your location: Portsmouth NH

Post by diver1111 »

Hi Guys-
Wow that Bayrunner/Klamath is as close to what I want that I've seen yet-thank you! Too bad there's no 18 footer but I'm trying to figure out how I could weasel their 19 footer into my garage.

Step one: Get one of those nifty folding trailer frames where the first few feet from the coupler back has a hinge and it pivots 90 degrees out of the way thus shortening the overall length.

As to Quintrex yes they were sold here under that name for about 2 years then they bailed and left the U.S.. As to their dealers in Canada (I think they're still in Canada) they never-ever reply to my inquires about buying a new or used Quinnie.

Thanks all for the help.
tsspk
Your location: NH

Post by tsspk »

Check out craigslist. There are two different 18 footers for sale now. One is in NH, the other in MA.

Scott
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic