Oregon Hali opener

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
ReelSong

Oregon Hali opener

Post by ReelSong »

Well, since I still have her I put her back in the slip for the summer and managed to get out for the Newport opener to gather a little white meat. Felt pretty good to be back on the water. :thumbsup:
Attachments
carv, hali.jpg
carv, hali.jpg (81.35 KiB) Viewed 4324 times
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10

Re: Oregon Hali opener

Post by spoiled one »

Nice haul. You guys fish deep, right? Nice to see you bleed them right, too! :beer:
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
onwhiskeycreek

Post by onwhiskeycreek »

Those are some good looking fish for the table, and well taken care of. The wife doesn't mind if I catch big fish just as long as I don't try and make food out of them. Those are perfect for bringing home.

Gary
28 Alumaweld, 26 Olympic, 23 McGregor Venture sailboat, 5 Kayaks, 2 canoes, white water raft and cat, beach skiff and a rib
ReelSong

Post by ReelSong »

Yeah, I was shown to tail bleed by a freind in Alaska almost 30 years ago, really does make a differance . Those are about the standard size fish we target off the Oregon coast. 40 to 70 lb's or 52inches is about the largest well take but also about the largest we catch. There are a few 100lb. plus fish every year but not many. I kept a 106lber once up in Alaska a couple years ago but after eating her I'll let them all go over about 52" now to do there job.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic