ALLOY BOAT STICKERS & ARMORTEC BEDLINNER

Mods and custom builds
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

ALLOY BOAT STICKERS & ARMORTEC BEDLINNER

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Well Boys "XIOA MU JI" is back in the water!

Cody and I have done a little work on her...Take a look!

I replaced my Bottomline Echosounder/GPS unit with the new Side Imaging Hummingbird Echosounder/GPS unit for better detail of the bottom while Striper and bottom fishing.

WELDER, Notice the placement of the Aluminum Alloy Boats.com sticker!

Also, On both sides of the transom to be seen while fighting a fish.

I bernished and then two coats of Gray Herculiner Bedlinner Material...http://www.jcwhitney.com/HERCULINER-COM ... _10101.jcw

The new YETI 155-qt. cooler/seat that has an internal suspended cage shelf to keep the sandwiches and food dry, but cold and more room for double the amount of water/soda/beer and most importantly ICE.

THe Starboard side Gaff holder, GPS/EBIRB unit and Yeti Cooler/Seat. I have a cushion for it.

Notice the placement of Port side Gaff holder, Outside Shower and Live Bait well

Well hows the placement of the stickers??? Marty
Last edited by Ironwoodtuna on Mon May 12, 2008 6:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I'd say they are very prominant!

Looks good. I like the red.

I know you're expecting it, so whats the details on the bed liner, also so practically placed?

-Wear and tear to the area?
-adding some more of that O' so beloved battleship gray color, for astetics?
-or as we might say down yonder..... "WHY COME?"

Is it the rubbery feeling stuff? Or the hard as a rock kinda stuff?

Yeti coolers?????? Ain't that one of them Jewish cooler companies? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

JETTYWOLF wrote:I'd say they are very prominant!

Looks good. I like the red.

I know you're expecting it, so whats the details on the bed liner, also so practically placed?

-Wear and tear to the area?
-adding some more of that O' so beloved battleship gray color, for astetics?
-or as we might say down yonder..... "WHY COME?"

Is it the rubbery feeling stuff? Or the hard as a rock kinda stuff?

Yeti coolers?????? Ain't that one of them Jewish cooler companies? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just reposted the pictures...

THe Armortec is the rubbery stuff, I saw it on a well used pickup bed and was impressed on it's durability and feel. I am going to finish the entire cockpit area in it. I think it really makes since to protect the entire interior from wear and tear as well as I think it really makes it look good too.

I am adding a read 1" stripe just above the bedliner line on the door/wall to accent it.

The cooler company is named after the YETI, you know the ABOMINAL SNOWMAN!!! Don't think he's Jewish!
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Your right he's not....I was told he was by a jewish friend who works at Boaters world. He always say's "can I interest you Dave, in a expensive Jewish cooler?"

The truth is......."The Yeti or Abominable Snowman is an ape like animal cryptid said to inhabit the Himalaya region of Nepal and Tibet."
So he's asian of some kind. :lol: :lol:

I'd like the same thing in front of my console. But can get away with a cheapy 72 qt igloo 3-4 times compared to a Yeti. But it sure would be nice.
I'm only a "day boat"....don't want to be overnight with some of people I have aboard.

I know one thing from having that same kinda stuff on my floor and up the sides of my ole boat, it sure made it quiet.

Good deal. A tad of spring sprucing!
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Post by IN2DEEP »

Looks good Marty
Where can I get a few of those stickers
I want to put them on the outside of my hull just like one of those boats that have all the sponsors names plastered on them.
Any way of getting hold of them by 5/15 Thursday.
I'm going to be in a freshwater tournament next weekend and there will be many eyeballs out there.

Thanks, Scott
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Wasn't "Yeti" a movie with Barbara Streisand? :lol:

50,000 people a day will see this on LA freeways!
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

IN2DEEP wrote:Looks good Marty
Where can I get a few of those stickers
I want to put them on the outside of my hull just like one of those boats that have all the sponsors names plastered on them.
Any way of getting hold of them by 5/15 Thursday.
I'm going to be in a freshwater tournament next weekend and there will be many eyeballs out there.

Thanks, Scott
Scott,

Send Lester at PM, I think he is now selling them, but I could be mistaken.

SL Dave,

I put a FULL SIZE blue one like on the door of my boat, on the rear window of my Explorer. An your right, Barbara is a YETI !!!
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Scott, PM sent.....

Marty, GREAT job on the stickers.

Thankyou :D

I guess the stickers are now out of the bag. Guys the big ones are hard to mail [ 18"X2 1/2" ] the small ones are a piece of cake to mail [ 8"X1 1/4"]
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Bob5292
Your location: Seattle

Post by Bob5292 »

Was applying the bedliner difficult and do you have any tips or tricks now that you have done it?

Bob
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

The HERCULINER material was really easy to do.

A) 1st and most importantly, stir the can very very well. You will see the fluid change consistancy completely

B) use the brillo pad they supply and clean and scuff the entire surface completely.

C) then use aceatone to wipe the entire area down.

D) then tape off and think about how you may want any patterns with spaces, etc. To be.

E) use a paint tray and the special roller to start applying. Its true that just two coats is plenty.

F) keep a small cheap 1" foam brush to get the material into the corners and edges where the roller can't make it.

On a score or one to ten, I think doing it yourself, its a 9.5 at least. Good stuff, HERCULINER sold at J.C. Witney On-Line for around $140.00 per a gallon. I can't wait to finish the interior. Mty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic