Hello from Vancouver Island

Introduce yourself here
Timber

Hello from Vancouver Island

Post by Timber »

Hey Fellas, just wanted to say hi and that I love the info you have on this site! I have a build which about half way completed and imagine I will have many questions for you all. :thumbsup:

24ft Sportfisher
kmorin
Donator 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Re: Hello from Vancouver Island

Post by kmorin »

Timber, welcome to the AAB.com-Forum. We're glad you're a picture poster as they're the most popular reading threads on the site!

Can we have some more info on your build? Is she your design, did you have someone else draw her, is she your first build? What is her purpose and what design goals did you have in building this particular boat of the many others in her class? Can you help us learn her dimensions, scantlings and her proposed rigging for power, accommodations and electronics?

Happy New Year Timber, and the best of fortune as you complete your boat, hopefully in 2015 so she'll be in the water this year, and return some of the hours it took in building. We may not know the answer to your questions, we may never have heard of that particular problem or circumstance, buttttttt........ :beer: we'll sure give our best consideration and try to offer some opinions about what little we may know in answer to all questions.

constant request; more PICTURES!!!

suggestion for picture posts
; edit the string and eliminate/erase the [url] on both ends only leave the [img] boxes or end frames to the links.. this solve the problems of others linking to your image storage sites.... just a thought? When you select an image link and then paste it... if you edit that link to eliminate the two [url] before and after the nested [img] brackets then the link displays but does not link to your image storage account.

cheers,
Kevin Morin
Kenai, AK
kmorin
Gypseas
Donator 14, 15

Post by Gypseas »

Shawn builds a solid product, those boats are tanks!! Been on the one he built before yours and man I tell ya I was in love. Didn't win the lottery yet but when I do ...

Congrats, you'll be fishing in no time

cheers
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Timber, WELCOME to AAB, GREAT 1st post and like Kevin said....

WE LOVE PICTURES
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Timber

Post by Timber »

Hi Kevin, I'm not building the boat myself, just the one financing it! I can however answer some of your questions.
-Hull is 24' x 8'6" beam 43" tall sides.
-Sides are 3/16" Bottom + Transom are 1/4"
-6' FWD leaning Cabin ( three sided, will have a drop curtain)
-18 degree dead rise at transom.

Will be powered by 300hp OB and a 9.9 kicker.
l]Image[/

let me know if I'm still having issues with my pics....
Chaps
Donator '09

Post by Chaps »

If I may, who is the builder and does he have a website? Nice looking craft. Will the cabin remain open at the back?
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
Timber

Post by Timber »

Hi Chaps, yes the back of the cabin will remain open.

North Craft

http://northcraft.outerregion.net/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic