Impeller change out

Mods and custom builds
welder
Site Admin

Impeller change out

Post by welder »

1.5 hours and 2 Pepsi's , it was a piece of cake and once again the Camera was left in the house [ Sorry JW ] but the process is VERY simpleand it helps GREATLY to have 2 people to reattach.

When going back together if it fits right it slides RIGHT BACK TO GETHER no fighting.

On the honda BF225 , remember to cut the Zip Tie [ small one ] and gently put speed tube apart BEFORE dropping the lower unit. The bottom half of the hose will go with the lower unit when taking off .

I think I/we can do it in 30 to 45 min. next time. :wink:
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Daddy'O
Your location: TX

Post by Daddy'O »

So how does the old one look? Trying to remember, you've got 285+ hours on it, right?

Save it, I want to look at it tonight or on Sunday.

Thanks,
Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

294 hours , it was still soft and plyable but had a good memory, might have made it another year BUUUUUT 30 or 40 miles offshore , I want a new one in there.
Lester,
Daddy'O
Your location: TX

Post by Daddy'O »

Oh yes! No doubt about it. I was just curious as to the condition of the old one as we've known it since it was brand new. :)

Did Mike & Scott give you a hand replacing it? You were supposed to wait for me. :lol:

Wayne
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Scott showed up as we were putting it back on .

All was very clean in side , I was impressed .
Lester,
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Grab yer tool kit and lower unit guts and C'C'mon down!

I've done my fair share of lower unit rebuilds, and hear that "shimming" those gears and such is a big deal. I never paid much attention, and just did what the book said. And they never broke again after I did it.

Some times it's better to be lucky than good, huh?

BTW, the CD's are expired, can ya believe that?
There's a built in date code or something and you can't even get in them to see anything. Just throws up a window that says they're expired and call the publisher for new ones...and have that $$ ready.

Oh well we tried.

I'd assume that the Hydraulic steering cylinder end cap changes were tougher? They were for me. Messy too.

I'll just get a book someday, when I have an extra $115.00 I want to spend.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

The end cap changes were a piece of cake , I didn't loose more then a teaspoon from each side.

If ya turn the motor all the way one way then work on the opp. side , the valve is closed off ..
Lester,
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic