LIKE I SAID, YOU CAN'T BELEIVE THE SEASON I HAVE BEEN HAVING

Where & How You Fish Your Alloy Boat
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10
Your location: NY

LIKE I SAID, YOU CAN'T BELEIVE THE SEASON I HAVE BEEN HAVING

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Well, here was my atempt to go bass dishing last saturday night!

Another disaster at had, plus i just found out that my drive is blown and not worth rebuilding so her comes another $7,700.00 bill from my mechanic...I am going to be writting VOLVO, this is going to end or I'll be rowing a 5' dingy by seasons end!

Check out this short, funny, SAD! video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1491109150
ImageImage"IRONWOODTUNA" the Alloy Sportfisherman Battleship!
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

Marty, It's a bad dream pinch yourself!!!!

Man!!! WTF!!!! That really sucks!!!

What kinda ETA to get her fixed?

If you shoot over Pt Jude way on a weekend look me up. I'll take you fishing for sure.............

WOW!!! I feel for you my man...............
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Just think that 7k is after last weeks 10.8k that I paid after 6k was covered by 2+4. Marina, 1500 to fill my empty tank, 10.8k for rngine repairs then 7' what is the cost of the whole in the water??? Mty
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Dude, you need to buy a Pacific 26 super top for a backup boat.

Your almost there now.

Sorry , just trying to keep ya on the water.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

I was driving and typing on the blackberry in the rain storm

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Ironwoodtuna"]Just think, that $7K is after last weeks $10.8K that I paid after $6k was covered by 2+4 of the $11K I got billed.

The year started with the Marina fee of $3,600.00 + $1,500.00 to fill my empty tank, then $10.8K for the engine repairs now $7,000.00 for the outdrive.

What is the cost of the whole in the water??? HUGE!!!! this year

Mty
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Marty, I feel for you man.
I had one of those years in 2007. I am glad it's over...your storm will pass too.

Lots of guys to take you out fishing if you ever get out to Socal.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

THANKS GUYS!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Thanks Alloytoy & SL Dave,

Its always nice to know there are other sled owners who will take ya fishing :lol: ...I was thinking I was going to get a 70+ striper last weekend, instead I got $50 tow bill (cheap!) I forced the guy to take it for the fuel, then spent the night borrowing a trailer hitch to get the broken down albemarle out of the water so I could go home, then I got this message this moning...Shoot me!!! :twisted: All I want to do is go frig'gin fishing...

I have my hunting buddy flying in this comng wed for his offshore trip, I gotta have her running good and get them, cody and myself some screaming tunas.... :!: :!: :!: XIAO MU JI is going to roar again. :D :D :D Marty
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Post by IN2DEEP »

Marty,
That's a big bummer!
It seems to go with boat ownership :x
Lately, you've given the definition of a B.O.A.T. new meaning: Break Out Another Thousand

...And my favorite: A hole in the water which one pours money into :shock: :( :cry:

Now let's go fishing!
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Anchorage, Alaska

Post by spoiled one »

Marty,

This is the 4th outdrive you have blown. Did I hear this right? Too much torque or what? Sorry to hear about your misfortune. What is the typical number of hours on a duoprop outdrive?

Pete
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
BMac

Post by BMac »

I had a Ford Bronco that used to do that to me- but I still love that truck!

Things can surely only get better Marty!
Cheers
Brendan
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Marty,

that incredible (But the Video is too cool..your friend is funny) I hope people know how far Montauk is from the rest of the world.

You just spent more than I'll make in profit for all of 2008.

Chin up, it's only Cody's inheritence.
Ironwoodtuna
Donator '09 '10

JETTYWOLF, HERE YA GO DUDE!

Post by Ironwoodtuna »

Dave,

I love fishing but I never nor don't ever want to try to make my money fishing. You should consider moving to NY and I'll put you to work. My top techs make a $100K and beginners are getting $18.00 per hour with full benies....it will take you two to three years to get toward the upper guys but thats up to you and ambisions...I give full family health and dental benifits on me, 100%,+ 401K, which we contribute $0.25 match per dollar, company vehicle, $50K life insurance plan for you on the company, great trade, lots of OT, prevailing wage jobs, etc.. Its not cheap to live here but, you can make it and save it by renting get your self set up for your retirement... we train!

Just Food for thought!

I have gotten clobbered this year well beyond what I thought I could or would have to pay out this year x 5 times, but, I just keep kicking my own BACK SIDE working harder and more everyday to get back on top of my screaming credit card bill due to these BS boat bills I got. Its all realitive, I don't spend alot anywhere else but my boat and paying for the house my X lives in with COdy...but my little 700sqft apartment I live in on the 4th floor walkup in chinatown with the beautiful XIAO MU JI, my wife is worth not living with my X, at any cost!

And you could catch these big stripers too!
Sculpin

Post by Sculpin »

Sorry to hear about the ongoing problems your having with your boat Marty. That video says it all and I was thinking from the beginning that a breakdown was coming. Getting towed in sucks. I left the dock once to find out I had bad gas and the engine was stopping intermitently. We hadn't even left the channel yet and my buddy was getting the paddles out. I said put them away cause I aint doing the paddle of shame. I got the motor to fire a couple of times enough to get us back to the ramp.

That is alot of money in repairs and alot of folks here can't even fathom that but I think we are all routing for ya. Keep your chin up. Like my old man always say's "If that's the worst thing to happen to you in your life than you have it made".

John
John
Sculpin
23' Edwing

"Trying to go for tuna on the cheap you are asking for trouble. The ocean is a mean LITTLE GIRL that wants to kill you". - Shawn Hillier
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

You should look into if you could replace it with a Konrad, http://www.konradmarine.com/520_1.html
Susposedly unbreakable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic