ripped from the pages of Capt Dave's Blog Spot

Need a Tackle FIX?, This is the Place
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi

ripped from the pages of Capt Dave's Blog Spot

Post by JETTYWOLF »

11/10 - MY NEWEST "CHARTER" SPONSOR

http://www.jusgrabitglove.com/ - also sponsors of the greatest fishing show ever, La. Sportsman TV (in my opinion)

I'm so excited about this product, because it is so useful it's unbelievable!
In my line of work, taking fish off hooks all day, especially them slimey T-routz.

There's nothing like "NOT" having to constantly be reaching for some grimey towel, or having that grimey towel blow out of the boat. Protection for your hands, as well.

You have no idea, how nice the Jus' Grab It Glove works until you wear one all day.

It's a JOY! And it's called the, Jus' Grab It Glove.
This is such an exciting product. A EZ on and OFF glove, and a set of pliers on a retractor right on a belt. No more can your fishing buddy steal your pliers, and set them down where you can't find them quickly.

Every bit Quality made, and light weight.

You'll be seeing me wearing mine every single day.

No more slimy shorts, because if I don't have a towel handy, "that's what my shorts turn into."

If you grab a fish with the your left hand, and use pliers with your right hand, then you'd want a left hand glove, and so the opposite. If you're a big guy, you'll also want the XL glove over the standard size. You want the glove to go on and off your hand easily.

(I use a XL glove, and am right handed, so I hold a fish with my left hand, and use the pliers with my right)

There's nothing manly about having a slimy towel hanging off your belt, or out of your pocket all day. Not in my opinion, that's for sure.

Please visit their web site at: http://www.justgrabitglove.com/ - where you can see a short video of how it works.

And tell'em Capt Dave, the "float-freak" sent ya. Or stop me and ask to see mine.
I'll be glad to show you how easy it works.

If you fish with me, you may even get the chance to wear one of your own.

-------------------------------------------------

Just received the perfect all around Float-Rigging rod! (remember my bout with deep-color rods? Well, I moved on and kept it Floridian. After getting my deposit back 5 months later)

You may have read in an earlier post here, where I've been on a quest to find a rod that is 8' NON ALLOY, with EVA grips, and a heavy reel seat. Well, it just arrived! After only 12 days after I told Eddie Carmen, of Biscayne rods to go ahead and build it!
I was looking for a particular action, a parabolic type bend to be exact. Perfect for a 2 pound Trout or a 10 pound Redbass, while using a 2 oz. float rig. (which is the best all around weight for where I fish)

What I specialize in...Float-riggin'
all species, all year, just add live shrimp!
all species, all year, just add live shrimp!
Float-rig---2.jpg (4.46 KiB) Viewed 5183 times
It was a struggle at first. I tried a few other rods, but they just didn't work for me.

I'm into mixing a bit of "ole school" with "new school technology". And when it comes to me and float-rig fishing, I want a one piece rod. And the flexibility and durability of NON ALLOY, with it's slow moderate action would fit the bill.

I love my big Redbass, Shark, and Tarpon rods that Biscayne rods built for me last year, that kicked butt this summer. Matched up to my 870 Twin Drag Accurate Reels.
(Kickin who's butt? photo below)

So I contacted Eddie Carmen, the owner. He said he could build that rod. So again, I gambled and said go ahead and make me one. After a long discussion about blanks/actions, grips/length, eyes, and what I would use them for.

I cannot tell you how happy I am with the rod. And have plans on having more built as time goes on. But just wanted to let ya'll know....an 8 foot, one piece NON ALLOY rod with EVA grips, trigger real seat and a soft moderate action does exist. I was almost sceptical for awhile....

Biscayne Rods, in Hialeah, Florida is now my "Float-rig" rod company.
There's also a link on the side bar of this blog for them. I hope you give them a visit.

My rod is their Plug casting KC NON ALLOY 8 footer (they'll know it as Capt Dave's Trout rod)
It's a "retro" looking rod, reflecting back to when the traditions of Jacksonville's Trout fishing were stronger than ever.

http://www.biscaynerod.com/ - 48 years in business, not 48 months!!
Attachments
My BIG FISH Biscaynes on a 200 # Shark!
My BIG FISH Biscaynes on a 200 # Shark!
PICT0020.JPG (228.88 KiB) Viewed 5190 times
welder
Site Admin

Re: ripped from the pages of Capt Dave's Blog Spot

Post by welder »

What percentage does AAB get ?
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

My continued use of slimey-less hands. And the knowing that the membership is equally enlightened on all aspects of tackle and equipment.

Which is my Forte.....

I just thought, this is in the wrong forum!

I made a mistake, opps.

and can't figure out how to move it....what kind of mod. am I ??
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Welder, why didn't I see the word "move"?
I tried, after I relized I was in the wrong forum.
wow, yeah we can I can do alot, of moderating, but guess I need practice.

Wayne and I will be over after supper for a class "got Night caps?" :| :wink:
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

It's magic :mrgreen:
Lester,
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I remember "back when" I had to do alot of it. But haven't had any calling for it lately. All the alloy tribal members have been so good at keeping everything uptight...except for me. :?

Gotcha a "Jus' Grab It Glove" yet?
Man, it's one useful too, that fer sure.

Will post a video from my boat here soon...my world on a 20 knot east wind day.
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

Dave it should be down on the bottom right of the screen under quick mod tools, click on the drop down arrow and pick what you want.

:wink:
Lester,
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

10-4
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »