New Boat?

General boating discussion
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Re: New Boat?

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Oh yeah....are you the same guy that came on the hull truth long time ago and posted photos of your ACB in a lake??

I remember something about a photo in "a lake" and the boat that I thought at the time was "overated" for a lake.... :roll:
-but what the hell do I know?

Yeah we've grown, thats fer sure. Of course the membership that posts is smaller than the membership list.
Its always that way, unfortunately.

AAB.com is probably one of those "best things" that could happen for the Alloy boat owner...in my opinion.
Got a question, that'll be blasted and not understood on any other boating forum?
You'll probably get a quality answer and discussion here.
Bob Davis

Post by Bob Davis »

Hi Jettywolf, yea looking this site over its a keeper for sure. Looks like the posters pretty much stay on the subject and like you say don't blast members like they do on that big boating site, Especially us alloy owners. I don't remember posting a photo on here but maybe. The photos I am going to post are at a lake. Pyramid Lake in Nevada. And it's not overkill for a chamber boat there. Because of its large size and location in the desert the winds and wave size are very unpredictable. Lots of tragic boating accidents there but the fishing is awesome. Its my overall favorite place.
A couple of nice things about alloy, I've hit a couple of washrocks at Pyramid trolling close in that really would have messed up a glass boat and only got a scratch and its great to be able to pull the boat up to a rocky beach with no damage.
Any Mom's out there ,Happy Mothers Day.
2006 23' Aluminum Chambered Boat Waverunner,twin Suzuki 140s,T8 kicker,Raymarine e120. Favorite places, off the Golden Gate,Tahoe,Pyramid Lake Nevada.
akcat
Your location: Anchorage,Ak

Post by akcat »

I can confirm about Pyramid lake. I went to college in Reno and that lake has casualties every year. I won't say it's like the ocean, but it gets pretty nasty in its own right. There are some ACB's up here and I have been in one of my charter buddies boats ( I think it was a 28-30' with twin 250 zuks). Handled the water nicely, does real well in chop, and wouldn't hesitate to take it in to the gulf of AK. The only negative I have about them ( as all boats have) is they have a real wet ride and you loose a lot of the fishing area with the pontoons. very nice boats though:)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic