Aluminum alloy from West coast

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Hey as moderating the moderator no panties either.

Am I allowed to talk about big 280 lb. butts though.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
skfmj

Post by skfmj »

Mark

Maybe I am too optimist having speared a number to double digit fish. In fact I have a nice Robert's mount on my wall in my office. Will not spear any more of those big lunkers. But wouldn't mind one on the fly.

Not sure when I will be at TW, but I am certain it will be within two weeks.
My guess is I will be there when Kenny gets the boat.

Richard
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Richard I would love to see your Roberts fish mount of the Calico Bass you harvested. How large???

I was thinking of how you could get a double digit Calico on the fly. Probably the best place to get one is at San Clemente Island. On the lee side. If you would like we could discuss it.

Geeze at Catalina Island you will have a blast with the Bonita on the fly.

I wouldn't be suprised if your boat was on a truck within the next few days. Tick Tock tick tock. Looking forward to seeing your Calico.

Hello Spoiled One 6' 6" and it dwarfs you..... thats no Halibut I think you caught............ Shaquille O'Neal. Great Googely Moogely Whats your draw length on your bow? That must have alot of kenetic energy behind it.

Jettywolf cool website you have there I did not know you are so famous. On Blacklabs. On the Accurate Reels site. I will be checking the G Loomis site soon.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Nothing on the Loomis site.....they're big shots now that the company was sold to Shimano.

By the time you get here, I'll have completed my search for the perfect "jetty jigging" rod. I talked to Biscayne rod builders in S. Florida yesterday and have two rods coming and hopefully 4 overall in the future........(it would help if someone would buy the 4 rods I have for sale in the for sale forum..)

with the Bush economic stimulus package, a whopping $600!!!!
Holy Crap, that's "2.01" fishing rods, I'd never buy without Goverment help.

Yep, the economy will be flying high with that kind of beer money. Look out married people, that $1,200 will send one of you on a vacation to Florida and a 1/2 day charter fishing trip, as long as you Hitch hike and rent box space from a bum.
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Anchorage, Alaska

Post by spoiled one »

mojomizer wrote:Hello Spoiled One 6' 6" and it dwarfs you..... thats no Halibut I think you caught............ Shaquille O'Neal. Great Googely Moogely Whats your draw length on your bow? That must have alot of kenetic energy behind it.
Draw length is maxed right at 32". I have a 1" loop and am still a bit short, but what is a guy to do? I suppose I could start shooting a stick bow like Ironwood, but I am not ready for that yet.

That flat bastard had 6-8" fillets, too. A halibut will yield about 65% of the body weight in fillets. I believe that is the highest yield of any game animal, fish, or bird. I will take flatfish under 100lbs over the big ones any day. They eat better and tend to fight better. I must admit that seeing a sheet of plywood coming up from the depths is quite a rush! Perhaps an AAB shrimping and fishing expedition is on the horizon?
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
mojomizer
Contributor/Donator '08

Post by mojomizer »

Hello Spoiled One, I can only imagine the x's on your calendar waiting for an early spring..... Boat on the water.... Blackbears waking up from their winter slumber.

Silly me I thought you were a Fred Bear instinctual shooter with stick bow.
Well us Compound guys are just more intuned with or favorite metal.

Talking about Shaq did you know he hunts and that Mathews made a custom bow for him......... I do not know how proficient he is with it but... if his free throws are any indication of accuracy. I will be at a archery range in the next county over when he shoots. (Hint they may make one that will fit your natural draw length. Does not hurt to ask.)

Hmmmmmmm a AAB shrimping and fishing expedition. I will be the older kid sitting in the first row at class raising his hands.
Mark
2325 WA PACIFICSKIFF
spoiled one
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Anchorage, Alaska

Post by spoiled one »

Nothing wrong with shooting with a stick bow. I just am not there yet. I knew that Karl Malone is a big hunter (pun intended), but had no idea Shaq was. Which bow make has the super long draw lengths?

I pick up "Patience" on Monday. :)
Spending my kids inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

2010 AK Meet & Greet
2012 AK Meet and Greet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic