Bayrunner boat

General boating discussion
vicfish
Your location: San Diego

Bayrunner boat

Post by vicfish »

I'm looking to buy a used 22' Bayrunner aluminum boat, and was wondering what life expectancy they have. Any thoughts on the matter?

Thanks in advance,
Victor
IN2DEEP
WON Super Star Donator '08, '09, '10, '11

Re: Bayrunner boat

Post by IN2DEEP »

Welcome to AAB
I have a 22' 1989 cuddy Bayrunner
Bayrunners of over ten years old may develop pin holes in the transom (corrodes from the inside out)
It's very possible to get some stress cracks on some of the bracing welds. Not necessarily the weld itself, but where the weld attaches to.
Most any damage can be repaired by a good welder to extend the life of the boat.

Do you have the link to the one(s) that you are interested in?

Scott
1989 22' Walkaround Cuddy Bayrunner
2001 115 Merc. 4 stroke/1988 9.9 Yamaha 4 stroke kicker
welder
Site Admin

Post by welder »

You should be able to find one in good shape and when you do install zincs on her inside and out.Most problems solved right there. :thumbsup:
I had a 18' bayrunner [ 85 model ] had it 5 years , sold it to a guy that a few years later took it to Hawaii and as far as I know it's still there.

Kenny at tradewinds [ one of our sponsors ] sells these boats and I think he has a left over NEW at a good deal . I think its the 22 footer. Give him a call and pick his brain.
Lester,
PacificV2325, Honda BF225
vicfish
Your location: San Diego

Post by vicfish »

Thanks for both responses. A guy in Baja is selling one, and I just wanted to have some more info before taking my decision.

Thanks once again!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic