Where to stay - Portland, ME

Talk About Everything Else...
Sports, Toys, The Weather, etc.
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Where to stay - Portland, ME

Post by S L Dave »

A friend of mine from LA is going to be in Portland, ME for a couple of days. He wants to get the old town port city feel and also some local nightlife. Any good ideas? Money is not an issue. :joecool:
He also said that he might be interested in a 1/2 day charter fishing trip. He is going to be there next week. Any thoughts on that would also be appreciated.
Thanks.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
Tin Cup
Donator10, 22

Re: Where to stay - Portland, ME

Post by Tin Cup »

Old Port is a great place to visit, I have been many times usually passing through on business. Its the small historic city center area loaded with bars, restaurants and shops. There's Hilton, Regency, Residence Inn and Portland Harbor Hotel all within or right next to Old Port. No need to do much planning, just walk around and there are many places to check out. Your in microbrew heaven. Maine at one point had most microbreweries per capita then anywhere in the US. Some of my favorite spots are Brian Boru's (great lunch - beers, on the outskirts of old port its worth the walk) Gritty McDuffs, and Becky's Diner for breakfast. Too many other good spot to list.

I don't know any fishing guides to recommend, I'm sure someone from this forum could help with that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic