....now lets see it!!!!!!!!

Introduce yourself here
JETTYWOLF
Contributor/donator/Location Nazi
Your location: JACKSONVILLE FL USA

....now lets see it!!!!!!!!

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I see so many new members.......and not many boat photos. I almost believe that a photo of your boat should be "posted" prior to your completing registration for membership.

No boat? Then that's okay. GO GET ONE. Or take a photo of an aluminum one down the street then, that you pass each day.

Membership is going nuts. But it's still just us ole chatty cathy's here.

"Break your own ice"....post a pic of your boat, wanna-be-boat....your neighbors boat.

If it's aluminum, you're in the right place.

(we were doing good for awhile. But it seems to have faded. New member boats always spark good conversation.)

Why else would you be here?
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10
Your location: Mid Coast Maine

Re: ....now lets see it!!!!!!!!

Post by aluminumdreamer »

I agree with Jetty on that one, pictures should be required to sign up! I'm getting bored of going into my pictures or looking in my driveway to see my own boat. I'm sure no one else wants to see the same old pictures of my old sled. So help us out here and let us alloy addicts live vicariously through you guys that are just buying a new boat or thinking about an alloy as an option. Hell I wouldn't even mind seeing more pictures of guys boats that are already on here all the time. Show a new angle, anything, I can't get enough.

I'm going to do my part, here are some pictures of my kid on my boat, nothing exciting. Hopefully someone will follow my lead and post some sweet new alloy.
Attachments
ada sun set.jpg
ada sun set.jpg (44.49 KiB) Viewed 9353 times
ada sun set3.jpg
ada sun set3.jpg (43.28 KiB) Viewed 9357 times
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of Chap's LaConner! Probably my favorite boat on here.
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

I like the "details"......Chaps did a great post when he upgraded the boat to a Outboard.

Is your pole holders welded in. Looks like it. That's the kinda stuff I dig. Even if new members don't have a boat (aluminum) they could post a photo of the kind of boat they'd want.
KIds are okay, but pole holders I get more use out of... :rotfl: :rotfl:
If so, you probably had no idea that lil' stuff like that is what someone see's.
Details, Details.

Example:
38F, bought that Stabicraft and brought it to Florida. We saw a pic or two, then he disappeared into the sunset on it, I guess.
Looking at Maurice's new boat in Maine w/ Jay. Live well in console.
Looking at Maurice's new boat in Maine w/ Jay. Live well in console.
Jay & me on 23.JPG (207.3 KiB) Viewed 9328 times
A rare day that I was actually Trolling in my boat.
A rare day that I was actually Trolling in my boat.
5-11-on-the-troll.gif (71.76 KiB) Viewed 9329 times
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

I don't really get excited to see pictures of other peoples kids either, but it was the newest ones I had that had anything to do with the boat.
As for the rod holders, yes they are welded in. I've got 4 of em in each gunwale, they are very handy, and tough. How do you like those rod riggers? I have thought of making some, they would be super easy. Do you have any suggestions on things you would change on yours?

Anyhow, Lets see some new pictures new guys!

Oh yeah, I remembered I have this picture of the old girl in the water from labor day weekend.

Nate.
Attachments
gladys mae.jpg
gladys mae.jpg (56.42 KiB) Viewed 9318 times
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

aluminumdreamer wrote:Oh yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of Chap's LaConner! Probably my favorite boat on here.
Thank you for that. I happen to really like yours too . . .

I need to take some pics of the boat now that I've almost got all the detail work done. Gimme another week!

Did I mention that I added a pot hauler to the boat? Its an Electra-Dyne that would normally be flush mounted on a bulkhead but I couldn't make that work on the boat so I built a custom mount that enabled it to be slipped over the top of my tow bit. I can easily take it off when I'm not using it. (apologies if I already posted this project, I've got more coming)
P4300001.jpg
P4300001.jpg (146.21 KiB) Viewed 9311 times
Here's some university marine science students using it to haul an instrument package up from 500 ft down in the Hood Canal
P5080004.jpg
P5080004.jpg (134.86 KiB) Viewed 9311 times
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

That pot hauler is pretty slick. Do you use it for crabs? My boat came with a pot hauler davit, but I have no hauler. I was thinking of removing it and selling it. I don't use it to pull my lobster traps, because they are only in about 25' of water. My wife says I should keep it, but what does she know? I figure if I sell it I can always build a new one once I'm a proficient at welding aluminum.

Nate.
AlloyToy
Donator '08 '09 '10
Your location: Mass

Post by AlloyToy »

Dude.....Sup with the pink shorts :mrgreen: Very colorful :mrgreen:
Chaps
Donator '09
Your location: Seattle, WA

Post by Chaps »

aluminumdreamer wrote:That pot hauler is pretty slick. Do you use it for crabs? My boat came with a pot hauler davit, but I have no hauler. I was thinking of removing it and selling it. I don't use it to pull my lobster traps, because they are only in about 25' of water. My wife says I should keep it, but what does she know? I figure if I sell it I can always build a new one once I'm a proficient at welding aluminum.

Nate.
Our crabbing is getting deeper and the pots heavier (or they get sanded in) and I'm getting older so yeah, crabbing unless just working shallow locations. Shrimp for sure as this is all 200 ft+. Research also, water samples from depth, instrument packs, mud grabbers, etc. Also use it to pull marker & speed/wake buoy anchors, etc.
1987 24' LaConner pilothouse workboat, 225 Suzuki
please view and like: https://www.facebook.com/bottompainting/
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

Those "out-rigger" pole holders ain't what your thinking. They are not those crappy tube types. Where you rod always looks to ready to fall out of them. They are SS and developed for Striper Fishing, with giant "bunker type Spoons:. I'm sure you could make some. But I bought them, just as EZ. And they aren't cheap. For me they work great. I'm using them almost every trip right now on the Bull Redfish. I hardly ever troll, so I use them other ways. I not a trolling fan!

You can check them out here:

http://www.tgttackle.com/tgt-rod-rigger.php

Here I am (customer's) on his gallery....the ONLY one using them for deep water Redfish fishing (bottom fishing)
http://www.tgttackle.com/photo_gallery.php
JETTYWOLF

Post by JETTYWOLF »

well, AlloyToy, you'll have to get with Jay's wife about them. :lol: :lol: I thought it was a N.England thang?

Double Oh Well, looks like we're again the same ole people posting pictures....where is all the shots of all these new members boats??
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Seriously, 43 users over the past 24 hours and not one of the lazy azzs could post a single new picture. Well I've got news for you, I'm going out to pull my lobster traps tomorrow, and I am going to bring my camera, and I will take / post every square inch of my boring dirty old sled.

On a brighter note, I was waiting for my wife while she was getting us a coffee this morning at a local coffee shop which is near a boat ramp when I thought I saw the top of an alloy boat go by. So what does an alloy obsessed guy do? He of course tells his wife to bear with him a second while he goes down to the boat ramp to investigate. And what to my wondering eyes should appear? But, a Winninghoff with a sweet pilot house. I talked to the guy, and it turns out that he lives a few miles from me in the same town. WTF. And he not only does he have a Winninghoff he actually has two. WTF. The one I saw is a 24' with a diesel and a jet drive, I don't know what the other one is, but I will be sure to find out. I didn't want to seem too much like an alloy stalker. I was sure to tell him I am the proud owner of an alloy boat as well. He seemed interested, but not as excited as I was to see his boat.

I will have to make sure I bump into this guy again, and get some more info on his craft. Maybe try to tell him about AAB.com.

Nate.
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

I found a good temporary mount for my downriggers on my tinnie until I can get set up with one of those track systems that the great lakes guys use. But this works so well, I am now in no hurry.

Sashimi!!!
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Well, went out with the kid this morning to pull my lobster pots. I brought the camera as I threatened last night, and am glad I did.

I saw another alloy boat. The same one I saw yesterday. Sweet!
Attachments
Winninghoff underway. Sick!
Winninghoff underway. Sick!
today6.jpg (166.18 KiB) Viewed 9110 times
Winninghoff going on the trailer
Winninghoff going on the trailer
today5.jpg (84.4 KiB) Viewed 9109 times
the view out of my salt sprayed windshield.
the view out of my salt sprayed windshield.
today4.jpg (40.5 KiB) Viewed 9109 times
today3.jpg
today3.jpg (45.62 KiB) Viewed 9108 times
today2.jpg
today2.jpg (46.35 KiB) Viewed 9110 times
The view from the bow.
The view from the bow.
today.jpg (44.69 KiB) Viewed 9109 times
Tin Cup
Donator10, 22

Post by Tin Cup »

Jetty threw down the challenge and he's right, pic's good. Went out today in Narragansett Bay with my son and visiting father in-law. It was chilly, but not as cold as the clothes suggest. Thankfully my father in-law is always taking pictures and got some good shots of my rig. Had to settle for big bluefish and that little spunky sea bass which hit a 24" tube and worm, I like his style :thumbsup: Probably will only be able to get out a few more times before I shut 'er down. :cry:
Attachments
IMG_7195.JPG
IMG_7195.JPG (110.13 KiB) Viewed 9058 times
IMG_7191.JPG
IMG_7191.JPG (153.19 KiB) Viewed 9059 times
IMG_7183.JPG
IMG_7183.JPG (131.86 KiB) Viewed 9059 times
IMG_7180.JPG
IMG_7180.JPG (122.19 KiB) Viewed 9059 times
IMG_7178.JPG
IMG_7178.JPG (141.44 KiB) Viewed 9060 times
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

Picture of the old Workskiff 16
Attachments
WS 16.jpg
WS 16.jpg (84.22 KiB) Viewed 8714 times
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
aluminumdreamer
Donator '10

Did you ever get that cool Workskiff down to the Cape? That things looking pretty dang tough. :thumbsup:

Nate.
MacCTD

Post by MacCTD »

aluminumdreamer wrote:Did you ever get that cool Workskiff down to the Cape? That things looking pretty dang tough. :thumbsup:

Nate.

No, did not make it this year, got busy with other stuff, it is winterized now, going to redo all the electrical in it this winter and put in a new FF/GPS.
'05 Pacific 1925
Mercury 150
TRACER
Your location: auburn wa

Post by TRACER »

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE I'M A NEW MEMBER JUST STARTED BUILD OF PACIFIC 23ST LAST WK WILL START POSTING PRITURES OF BUILD OUT AT PACIFIC BOATS RIGHT NOW I JUST GOT NON ALLOY GET PRITURES POSTED I COULD LOOK ALL
DAY AND DO NO WORK :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
S L Dave
Donator #1 '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13

Post by S L Dave »

Tracer, you are going to LOVE that boat!!!

Are you doing any custom mods?
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right."
TRACER
Your location: auburn wa

Post by TRACER »

I DONT THINK SO IT WILL BE SUPER TOP GOT A FEW OPTIONS ON IT I WAS THINKING ABOUT THE FRIGID RIGID
TACKLE SET UP AND CHANGING THERE SET UP WITH TAHT BUT SUPER IS 42" AND THE FRIGID IS ONLY 32" I
THINK THERE JUST NOT A LOT OF ROOM FOR COOLER SPACE BY THE TIME YOU GOT THE CRAB POTS UP FRONT
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic